Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Track new car delivery?

11K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Grey.Coupe 
#1 ·
How can I track my new car for delivery by Baumuster number?

Thanks,
Barbara

#2 ·
See:

Most likely, your Merc will be shipped to the US on a Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics RoRo (Roll-on Roll-off) carrier. The port of departure in Germany is Bremerhaven and it typically takes the vessel two weeks to reach the Eastern Seaboard of the US. To track your vehicle you will need to call your dealer and get the car's VIN. Then go to the Wallenius Wilhelmsen web site (Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics - worldwide ocean transport, inland services, supply chain solutions, terminal services) and in the "Track & Trace" area click on the All Users icon. This will then load a Quick Search page with different search parameters. Enter your vehicle's VIN in the Cargo ID box and hit the Track button. If your vehicle is on one of their ships, you should see a page that gives you all sorts of details about the voyage.

Hope this helps.

#4 ·
Tried all these on my new E400 coupe--dealer has little more info than I do. Zippo, nada, zilch. Boy, Mercedes is getting its butt kicked on this, BMW has had this for years. This is a fun, brand affinity/buyer pleaser that MB has ignored completely. in 2017, I cannot imagine why Mercedes still ignores. They could easily strip off whatever they think is sensitive information, and let buyers see the rest.

Sure made watching my 6 series go to "printshop" fun, and on, through delivery.

Dear Mercedes, you've been ignoring this for a long time. So you have to really do something exciting when the tracking system you've announced finally goes online: How about putting cameras on two or three robots and sending new buyers photos as chassis and body are "married" and emailing us two or three more photos as the car proceeds through assembly?

My car is due tomorrow, and we dunno exactly where it is or when it will get here...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.