Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Installing Distronic Radar Sending Sensor on 2013 S550

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  m.adkins 
#1 ·
Good Evening,

I recently registered an account here due to searching the forum archives for an answer to my question regarding my broken Distronic Plus sensor sending unit part #2129004063 . Distronic Plus, Presafe Brake, and the Blind Spot Assist is not operating. The local MB dealer is asking $2280 for the replacement part and 2 hours of labor amounting to $275.
I have found the exact same part to replace my broken unit for significantly less on eBay.
My question is what does installation of this unit require? It looks like four nuts and plugging in the plug to the new unit to complete the install. I'm also assuming there needs to be some calibration when hooked up to the MB Star computer diagnostic machine.
Is there a precise alignment and installation that needs to be performed with this particular unit as I have read there are some Distronic sensor units that need specific precision tools to perform the mount and installation?
Could I perform the installation? Mounting the unit, fastening the nuts securely and plugging up seem relatively simple and could save me $275 in labor costs. Is this advisable or does the installation require a 'professional' who knows exactly how it's done.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.