Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Advice on GL or ML models

986 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Zogzog 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am brand new to positing on a forum but was hoping this would be the best place to get advice on buying a Benz SUV and what other's experiences are with them (good and bad). My wife and I are expecting a baby and I have been hunting for an SUV. I have been a loyal Toyota guy when it comes to cars and SUV's (currently driving a 1999 Camry and love it), so my interest was in the Toyota Highlander. A friend of my wife just bought a 2015 MB GLK 250 BlueTec and boy is it ever nice. Now I have been considering buy a MB but I think that the GLK model will be too small for a car seat (or two when another baby comes). So, I have been looking at the ML or preferably the GL model either 4matic or BlueTec. One thing I am very concerned about is the maintenance costs of these SUV's and I am wondering if anyone has had any major issues with either model. I am not looking to buy brand new, probably 2010-2013. Something within the $30,000-$45,000 (CDN) range. The MB SUV's I have been looking at on the web have had anywhere from 60,000-130,000 kms. I am located in Calgary, AB Canada if that makes a difference.

Sorry for the long post!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.