Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

A and B services

670 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Michael Pillay 
#1 ·
Hello. I have a 2015 ML350. We just did our first A service (10,000 miles). It seems like the local dealers charge very different prices for this service, which I was a little surprised by, and only learned after the fact. We paid: $187 for labor, $139 for parts, $16.37 for waste disposal fee, $8 tax, and then I had a 16% off coupon (odd number for a coupon, but that's what it was). So the total charge, after applying the discount, was $296. Is that what you would expect?

For subsequent services (20k, 30k, and 40k -- B/A/B) I think I will buy one of the three-service packages. My understanding is I can buy that from any dealer; and then have the service at a different dealer. Is that correct? (that is what I did with the extended warranty; bought it from a dealer recommended on this forum, which was less expensive than my local dealers were charging). Assuming I can do this, does anyone have a dealer they can recommend who sells these service packages at a good price? Or should I just try the same dealers who were recommended for the extended warranty?

Will these packages include the entire cost of the service, or will the dealer where I have the service done still charge me some fees?

Is there any reason to buy this package now, or should I wait until closer to the time I have the 20k service? I am not anxious to pay for this three-service package a year before I need the first service. But I suppose if I wait, the price could increase.

How much should I expect to pay for this three service package?

Thanks for your advice!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.