Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2003 Mercedes e320 oil stick

528 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  rv4funva 
#1 ·
I have posted this question before and get a number of answers which have been incorrect.

When I ordered my stick with the newly changed oil at proper level it was directly at the very bottom of the stick. (8.5 qts by digital dash readout)The stick was 21.5 inches to the where it seated to the end of the stick. The stick needs to really be about 22.5 inches. After converting it is clear it needs a 570 mm stick length I believe which I don't see listed for the e320 but 350 and that is the correct length. This equates to 22.4 inches from seating point to the bottom of the stick. Now, the problem is that when you go on the web and try to order these sticks nobody gives the actual diagram that shows the length in mm or inches to help you. So, you have no idea where they specify from which is the top of the stick or the actual seating point of the stick. Anyone know where you can actually view the physical dimensions of the sticks for Mercedes. If it is indeed from the seat point which it should be the stick I received is actually is 546 mm. Too short. I need the 570 mm.

Is it possible some one could measure their earlier model e320 such as the year 2000 to 2004 and tell me how many inches they get from the seat point of the stick to the bottom of the stick. This will verify the 570 mm length which is about 22.4 inches. I have a part number of 276 010 18 72, however I have yet to get an answer from even a parts online store as to what the actual length from the seat to the bottom is of this stick or a diagram showing me.

Thank You

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.