Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Need Guidance

482 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  BWuser 
#1 ·
Greetings All,

Newcomer here.....I will thank you in advance for those who chime in - its is much appreciated!

I have been poking around here for a few days, and gathering some information and insight.

While I owned a 190E many years ago, its was the only MB I have owned.

I am interested in a 94/95 E class, and see a 95 E420 a couple hours away, that I am thinking of going and looking at this weekend. The owner stated that the car had not been in an accident, but that the finish was fading and that he had the car repainted. I know how to look for tell-tale signs of a collision once I go to see it....but have a question first that someone here may know the answer to and am hoping someone can shed some light.....

The bumper impact strips on the bumpers - they are black, and not painted to match the body. I have seen older models with black strips, but I thought that all later models (94/95) came with painted strips....
Does anyone here know definitively if ALL 95 E420's came with painted strips?

Also, the car has stainless sills in the door jambs. I was reading about "Special Editions" in a thread posted here....But it doesnt have any wood on the steering wheel....I guess he could have just added them....

Any insight or guidance provided is mucho appreciated!!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.