Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

I need Your opinion on the extended warranty

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  tmletourneau 
#1 ·
Guys, I will buy a 2013 sl550 with 11k miles, the car is in carmax and carmax offers me a extended warranty for 5 years or 75k miles with a $50 deductible for $3200.
I called my mercedes dealer here in Las Vegas and they said the car has 17 moths left of warranty and to add 3 years more it will cost today $4900. The lady I was talking to on the phone said that the prices of the Mercedes extended warranties have gone up in the Last years.
So my question to you guys is the price that my dealer gave me the correct price or do you think another dealer outside Vegas can give me a better price? Second what do you think about carmax warranty? By paying $50 I can take it to the Mercedes dealer but I don't know if they are good or not covering costs.
Please let me know what you guys think.
Thanks!

#2 ·
I don't know about the Carmax warranty but when i checked around for extended warranties from Mercedes dealers, I found the prices differed. I bought it from a dealer that is not near my home. Saved me some money. It was pretty easy - all done by email or phone. If you look around these forums, you will find some recommended dealers to buy these extended warranties

Personally I would prefer a Mercedes warranty rather than Carmax.

#4 ·
The service manager at my local MB dealer told me the CarMax warranties are actually quite good.

He has a number of customers who service with him that got their cars from CarMax and have used their warranties. No complaints.

I'm shopping for warranties right now, myself. I don't think I can get a Mercedes EW because the used car I'm buying is out of OEM warranty do to age. It's only 24,000 miles, but it's just over 4 years old.

Anyone have suggestions on a good 3rd party warranty provider?

#5 ·
Back in 1998 I bought extended "bumper to bumper" warranty from MB dealer on new car.
Later on that turned out to be 3rd party provider who would not cover few secondary issues I had with the car.
My life wisdom is to buy Mercedes that will not need warranty coverage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.