Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

VW may sell Lamborghini and Bugatti . . do you think Mercedes should buy either?

682 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Thizz 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
Well they lose money on every Veyron sold. Lambo has taken many many years to just make a very small profit and Ducati is going to take time to have any substantial profit following. Bugatti and Lambo are more there as a way to showcase engineering prowess.

So VW has to promise to be willing to sell them, but I can't see them making nearly enough from those three to secure the extra money if they have to. They said MAN goes first and at 5 billion Euros that may be all they have to sell if even that.

#5 ·
Well Bugatti is currently a subsidiary of a German company (VW), uses an Italian name and is manufactured in France. If Mercedes were to buy the company they would certainly inherit the current production facilities in France and I'd imagine there's specialized equipment there and people with the correct experience, it wouldn't make sense to move the operations to Germany

The cost to produce a Bugatti Veyron is said to be upwards of $6 million. The next Bugatti is going to sell for $2.2 million and I'd imagine the production costs are somewhere around the same mark (give or take) . . I don't know what the tax laws are like in Germany but it sounds like it has the potential to be a nice tax write-off . . but you inherit the branding rights of a generation's dream car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.