LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Nov 2015
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Car battery confusion

Hi, I have a car battery question. I recently had the car battery die and am looking to replace it. There are so many ways they categorize them so I would love some help.

The car is a 1998 S500 and currently has a DieHard 33349 battery. I don't know anything about car batteries really so the only information I got out of it was just the size. At this point, I've read a few things to consider.

As far as I know, the battery size is either 49 or H8. I believe this is the only size that will work and that they are fairly interchangeable.

For the other things, I am less sure. There are specs for AGM and others that I am uncertain if I need. If I search the car under most websites, I am led to AGM H8 or similar ones. These cost about 180 and I was unsure if that is what I need or if cheaper options exist.

I also have read that places which install for free may refrain from installations on Mercedes cars, but I hope this is not the case.

Lastly, I read some topics on battery registration, but I think that this older type car would have no need for such a process. I am unsure also if this ties into the type of battery I would be buying, AGM or otherwise.

Any advice would be helpful as I am looking to get back on the road ASAP!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 11:19 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1068 Post(s)
Knowing your location would help?
If you are in US and spend some money at MB on service in last year, you will get free roadside assistance that will bring MB battery to you.
Might not be the cheapest battery but they will come with radio code and all resetting procedure, so convenience is worth some money.
psiddle likes this.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 04:17 PM
Membership withdrawn by request
Date registered: Sep 2015
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Here are the batteries we have listed for your MB. Feel free to use our catalog to help you figure out what works and may not work for your S500. is offline  
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: