post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Sep 2015
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Complimentary mBrace for 5 years

According to a facebook post:

The latest version of Mercedes-Benz mbrace is here. It connects your smart phone and computer to your vehicle in new ways, bringing a world of safety and convenience—such as the ability on some vehicles to start the engine remotely with a smartphone and, for example, chill the cabin to beat the summer heat. Every 2016 Mercedes-Benz vehicle—including those already purchased—will include complimentary mbrace Connect services for five years. Learn more:

Nice was to show the middle finger to relatively new customers, i.e. me (just one month)

So I came across a petition to request MBUSA reconsider their fairly recent owners.
If you all could take the time to sign it, it may or may not cause a change, but it is a start.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Sep 2015
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I just wanted to bump this post as we are reaching our initial target
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 08:44 AM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jan 2016
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Archer1 View Post
I just wanted to bump this post as we are reaching our initial target
cross posted from another forum

MERCEDES NA knows it
Verizon Knows it
At least 10 dealerships know it

Here are the problems I have had. You cannot ad a nickname in send to benz from android app. IT DOES NOT Work... let me restate it.. you can add it when entering info on app... the nickname just does not show up in vehicle when the app forwards the info to vehicle. MB NA knows it, Verizon Knows it and has know it since at least OCTOBER of 2015

when you add an address in the app to send to the vehicle.. when the address shows up in cehicle it is virtually always different then address sent. in fact the address sent shows in the name but the address showing the car is going to is different... MB NA knows this, Verizon knows this since at least October of 2015 and dealerships know this

When you try to search for categories of facilities such as hospitals or others. the app finds facilities 2000 miles away 400 miles away but not within zip code or city and sometimes even within the state if you entered those as criteria. MB na knows this, verizon knows this and dealerships know this.

MB says call mbrace(verizon) VERIZON SAYS oh we know nothing about this.. or it will be fixed in 24 to 48 hours or we will get back to you.. NONE of which happens on the first 30 calls to them.

Emails to Verizon management get answered by olks who try to put you off
Emails to MB end with call verizon/mbrace//

Verizon has no date for fixes to any of the above > THEY HAVE HAD NO DATES SINCE at least october of 2015.

MB in telephone communication indicates it is VERIZON who has to work on this. (This is becoming a circle)

Verizon says the problems (some) are because the head end in the vehicle uses different mapping then the app uses so when the gps location of the address you want to go to is listed by a different name on the different maps. (Would it not be great if they used same maps?) but of course Verizon says they cannot control mercedes and mercedes says it is verizon's problem

IT is THE CUSTOMER problem.. verizon says they cannot control the hardware in car nor maps mb uses/... MB says they cannot control verizon. Verizon says the supplier of the search information is.. well call them yourself (mbrace that is) and ask them directly...

MB is in denial. the dealerships say they cannot fix this as it is not something they have control over. Dealerships say they cannot get MBNA to help fix this as the instruction is to call Verizon

MB management will not directly discuss this even when requested by the dealerships for them to do so. Mercedes engineers wont discuss because they say it is VERIZON

THIS APPEARS to be true for every 2016 that uses mbrace on android and I am told by some IPHONE as well..

So don't get so excited that you do not have the free 5 year program that today continues to not work.

there are more problems with the system then above. but at leasst you get the picture. Every 2016 that uses android mbrace has these problems.

MB NA is unresponsive. Hard to believe that when you pay 60 to 160 thousand plus for a world class car tat management does not want to address the problems directly and there appears to be no known timeframe for a fix..

YMMV but not by much
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: