post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2015
Vehicle: 2001 CLK320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Anyone know which brand parts.com uses

I ordered some valve cover gaskets off parts.com everything says OEM. I got them in the mail today and they are not in original packaging they were stuffed in a box. I'm wondering if anyone knows if they use OEM or aftermarket and or how I could tell. I heard a lot of bad about victor reniz valve covers gaskets so im hoping its not them.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 02:02 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Mar 2014
Vehicle: 2001 ML320 2004 ML500 2011 E350 2015 ML350 2002 CL55 AMG
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Not sure. Someone should know but I wanted to chime in on Victor Reinz. I used them on my truck and there is one leak. Much better that it was but not perfect. I am beginning to question the quality of the actual gasket now....
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 08:14 PM

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 90 300E, 99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 931 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
The fulfilling MB dealer for parts.com is Mercedes Benz of Naperville.
They only ship genuine OE MB parts, but parts.com is not well organized. So in response
They(MB of Naperville) have since started their own genuine MB parts site called Mercedes-Benz Parts - Genuine OEM | MBOEMParts.com.
It is much better than parts.com.
You can call MB of Naperville and ask for internet parts. Ask for Jerry or Sean. If you want to talk to the parts manager ask for Bob. All of them are very good at what they do.
They recently became site sponsors here which makes them the only full service MB dealership selling real MB parts online that is a site sponsor. Their prices are fantastic and if they do not have the part in stock it drop ships from the MB warehouse closest to the delivery location.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 08:20 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Mar 2014
Vehicle: 2001 ML320 2004 ML500 2011 E350 2015 ML350 2002 CL55 AMG
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
thanks for this. I actually searched the parts.com site to see if I could figure out if the parts were OEM and had a hard enough time finding the gaskets in question using their file structure....
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 08:23 PM

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 90 300E, 99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 931 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheActor View Post
I ordered some valve cover gaskets off parts.com everything says OEM. I got them in the mail today and they are not in original packaging they were stuffed in a box. I'm wondering if anyone knows if they use OEM or aftermarket and or how I could tell. I heard a lot of bad about victor reniz valve covers gaskets so im hoping its not them.

Thanks
They are genuine OE. They rip them out of a 24" x 30" pack to save on shipping. You are better of dealing with the direct source that is MB of Naperville and has the website Mercedes-Benz Parts - Genuine OEM | MBOEMParts.com

Parts.com has been going backwards for several months now. Too many brands all trying to go through their web portal for a few bucks. And their lookup engine is still part of Trade Motion which is the worst on the net.
That is why you will that most full service MB dealers that sell parts on the internet have dropped Trade Motion and gone a much better front end for looking up parts.

And just a footnote. I use Reinz gaskets on both track cars that are 13:1 compression engines. Never had a single problem with Reinz.
I have never compared them, but Reinz gaskets may better than genuine MB.
They are for most American muscle cars. Genuine Dodge and GM gaskets last about two years under severe duty. The Reinz gaskets last at least twice as long.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 02:05 PM
Supporting Vendor

Date registered: Apr 2011
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
We at mboemparts.com are no longer associated with parts.com. We dropped them over a year ago due to several factors. We had very little control of our pages and site content. Their catalog through trade motion is very difficult to use. At that time they did not use paypal, which led to some security concerns. We are very happy to have our own site, and hope that you get a chance to check it out. I am very proud of my team and the level of service they provide. We actually have a published toll free phone number where you can talk to real Mercedes-Benz parts advisors. Hope you order from us in the future, Bob.
cmitch and Noodles like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in