LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015, 03:32 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2015
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2016 CLS 400

I just ordered a 2016 CLS 400 and I built it loaded. The only thing that makes no sense to me is the P2 package? Why would anyone spend $3600 for this package? What am I missing? Rear shade? Voice control? Adaptive headlights? Grey note album art? 6 CD changer ? (Who listens to CD's) even the dealer was confused. At first they believed that the cost for P1 would disappear if you bought P2, Not so! Together they are $6900.......... Anyone else see this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015, 11:23 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2012 Focus SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
There is also LED headlights, Command Nav and some other stuff. Mercedes stuff is expensive, there was an article about that a couple of years back.

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015, 11:46 AM
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Congrats on your new CLS. A spectacular car, and I'm glad to have the V6 option now.

As Ike says, Mercedes (as well as other German MFRs) will absolutely drill you on option costs. It's one way they can pretend their base MSRPs are remotely competitive.

I'm surprised COMAND nav isn't in the P1 package, but as a minor aside I'll note that the unit accepts DVD audio discs which--if loaded with MP3s--can probably contain your entire music library in just two or three discs. Granted as you say most of us don't listen to discs anymore but I like having them available for when I want to hear something particular.

Given that Nav is in P2 rather than P1 I'd say it's P1 that's more overpriced. FWIW!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
The P1 package includes a Garmin nav system with voice command. That with Siri gives me all the voice command I need. All my music is either Sirius or iTunes. The adaptive head lights are nice but not $3600 nice. I like the rear shade too but not nearly worth that kind of scratch. It seems like you get much more with the P1. Even my dealer thought the P1 was free if you bought P2. $3600 can almost buy you the designo interior or the Bang sound system. I just don't see it. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. The car is already $83,000. I can't wait to get my hands on it!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 09:12 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jul 2015
Vehicle: cls 400
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
new order

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpdmd22 View Post
I just ordered a 2016 CLS 400 and I built it loaded. The only thing that makes no sense to me is the P2 package? Why would anyone spend $3600 for this package? What am I missing? Rear shade? Voice control? Adaptive headlights? Grey note album art? 6 CD changer ? (Who listens to CD's) even the dealer was confused. At first they believed that the cost for P1 would disappear if you bought P2, Not so! Together they are $6900.......... Anyone else see this?
I was thinking about loading a close 400 as well next month. Do you know how long the wait time is for the order? What the discounted price was and your monthly payment, assuming its leased. Thanks.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 09:12 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jul 2015
Vehicle: cls 400
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was thinking about loading a cls 400 as well next month. Do you know how long the wait time is for the order? What the discounted price was and your monthly payment, assuming its leased. Thanks.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
It has been a month and I still don't have a serial number. I suspect it will take 10 weeks. I know the guy personally and got a real good deal. MSRP $82,500. Cap cost around $73,000. $5000 down and about $975 a month with tax and maintenance. 15,000 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in