2015 S Class w222 failure after failure! - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 04:56 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Aug 2008
Vehicle: 2000 CLK 430 Cabriolet 2003 S500 4Matic 2004 S55 2005 CLK 500 Cabriolet 2008 S 450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I am truly sorry to hear to your problems. Unfortunately Mercedes doesn't seem to have "customer service" as one of their top 100 achievements.
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Feb 2015
Vehicle: 2014 Sclass w222
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Our dilemma continues.

So we spoke to MB FInance about our situation where we own a car and pay them monthly promptly the installments but we do not get to use the car. He tried to convince us that these are separate issues as he is from finance. We made it clear that on the 19th of this month not to expect any more payments from us. We owned the S300 for 3 months and only get to use for a month and in actual fact we have over paid them!

He promises that he was going to kick some ass to sort the matter out.

Guess what i have been waiting for the last 48 hours😣

It's amazing how the S300 can break down so often and the customer service is even worst!
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 08:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1046 Post(s)
US is having lemon laws so I wonder if Thailand have one as well?
Stopping payments might be good psychological move at some level, but that means you will loose whatever you paid for the car already.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 01:06 PM
Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 90 300E, 99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 877 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I actually Googled Thailand lemon law and could not find anything solid, but there were a couple of lawyers in Bangkok that offer services to handle lemons.

MB is right and it is even in the finance contract. They will repo the car and put a negative mark on the owner's credit rating if payments are withheld.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
(Thread Starter)
Actually there is an govt office in Phuket town that actually looks into inferior products or services suffered by consumers. My wife did lodge a complain on the 19th of February when we were stoned wall by MB customer service. We were made to understand that Mercedes Thailand must respond to that department within a month. She called them yesterday and was informed that MB has not responded. And that they will write to MB again and advised us to wait for another 30 days.

Stopping this monthly payment is so NOT us. I am really so frustrate. I immediately on September sold my land rover Discovery when I booked this car as I was made to understand that I would get the car immediately. Then they dropped the bad news that we would only get car in March 2015. We called all the dealers in Thailand to see if anyone other than the dealer in Phuket could deliver earlier. It seemed no one had the car. Then in December there was a huge motor show in Bangkok. So wife and me took a flight from Phuket to attend the motor show as we were made to understand MB got all the dealers to attend. We were hopping that someone will have a brand new S300 W222 for us. We wanted black actually but convinced wife that any colour will do. And the saga continues!
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-20-2015, 02:53 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Inditropic View Post
We were so excited to collect the keys to our Mercedes Benz S Class W222 on the 20th December 2014 in Phuket, Thailand. My wife dress up in her striking red dress with all the blings for this great day and she insisted that our 3 young kids were present for this milestone event.

Everything went smooth on that day and thereafter we have been having endless problems with the car. Till today our S Class has been at the Phuket dealer workshop for more than a 50 days and this present moment its still in the workshop for the last 25 days.

I will list the problems we have had so far

1. The rear left window sun screen does not close fully.

2. The fuel tank cover not sitting properly.

3. Dash screen showing Battery Malfunction.

4. Could not start and lock the car and the on board screen show to remove the push start and use the key to start the car.

5. Radio not working

6. Blue tooth for the handphone not working

7. Under the feet of the driver there is this humming sound and vibration.

8. Dash board showing to check engine oil at the next refueling.

9. Alot of wind sound at speeds of 130 kilometers per hour on the driver side.

We are truely disappointed with the new model S Class. The star assist is another big disappointment. They dont return calls and at the moment have been rude and have made endless promises that they never fullfil.
1.) I had this too, it just needed the simple calibration like windows sometimes do (run end-to-end, keep the button pressed for a few seconds after the window and the sun screen stop moving.

2.) I had this too, there is a service bulletin about the issue. It is a material problem of the arm that fixes the flap. It is hygroscopic and "swells". Print the instructions from TIPS for your workshop (they should have the bulletin but for most workshops it is better if you tell them how to fix the car).

3.) Sounds like the Stop-Start battery, I have not had this myself but there was a batch of bad batteries that need to be replaced.

4.) Difficult to say if this is because of the key battery or related to the Stop-Start battery. These key batteries run out quickly, perhaps yours was not in good shape when you got the car (must have taken a long time from the factory to your place and perhaps they key has stayed at the car during the import process etc. etc.). It is a one dollar battery, replace if to be sure.

5.) This sounds serious. Do you mean the COMAND head unit does not work at all or is just the radio that does not work? Cranking up volume does not help or switching mute on/off? Checked the fuse...

6.) Does not work if COMAND is not working. If COMAND is working partially, you should check that bluetooth is enabled and you have paired the phone with the head unit...

7.) Is it a Hybrid? I think there was a technical bulletin about the big wires at the floor at times creating noise but if I remember right, this concerned hybrid models.

8.) I think it is good that the dash indicates low oil. You do not say if oil really was low (if it would be a sensor issue). Fill up and enjoy the ride. Unfortunately not all workshops inspect the care carefully enough at delivery.

9.) Sounds like a window calibration issue, just like the sun shade.

If I understand right, there is only one serious malfunction, the rest are unfortunate known problems that should not all happen on one car but in your case seemed to pile up. The workshop should have good instructions to take care of them all. I also understand that the car has not left you on the road, it has not "failed all the time". Perhaps the workshop would have behaved better if you had not called the lawyer, would have made me change my attitude.

I would be interested to know what was the issue with the radio if you ever find it out.
Noodles likes this.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-20-2015, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
(Thread Starter)
I can understand that this is a new model and there can be teething problems, but customer care compounded the issue.

Here they give 20 days per year complementary car in the event the car breakes down. We had used 15 days of their complementary car in the 45 day of taking possession of the new S Class W222. So i called star assist on this matter and the girl could not give more complementary days so i requested to speak to the level up. Her superior was busy and he took 3 days to call me back. When he got back he requested more time to look into the matter this had to be discussed at their internal meeting. After 2 weeks of talking on the phone and showing my displeasure he promised he that he would reinstate the 20 days of complementary car when it goes back to the workshop. When the car was in the workshop they called my wife afew days later that they will be taking back the complementary car as we had already used up the 20 days of complementary car. I was so furious!

So i decided to move to the next level up that is to speak to his superior as this guy was just wasting my time. He told me his superior was out of town. I requested that his superior to call me back urgently and even took the direct number and left a message to the superior seceratary to call me back. That was almost 1 month ago and till thiis day he has not called me back.

Only then i decided to engage a lawyer as they were raising my blood pressure, wasting so much of my time and upsetting me all the time. I just did not want to speak to them anymore. My health was more important than the car. MB customer care was just going round and round. The lawyer was engaged as a last resort to maintain my sanity.
Boman1949 likes this.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-2015, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
(Thread Starter)
Just another update.

Wrote to Mercedes Benz Germany and good enough and got a response. They said that Benz Thailand would be responsible. Still have not got my car and thereafter wrote 3 more follow up e mail to MB Germany with NO RESPONSE.

I am not sure now if i am the only one facing the wall or all owners having issues with their Benz face the same treatment.

Never again will we ever buy another Benz
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 01:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2003 A160
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Wind noise at 130 km/h can be so annoying, especially if the radio isn't loud enough. The engine and drivetrain should be humming at that speed.

Sadly, none of these issues are enough to justify a brand new car.

I doubt that your lawyer can fix the problem, which is mainly in your wife's mind, especially if she is distressed by a message that says "please check your oil level". There is no such thing as a perfect car.

Thread title should be, "I bought my wife a new S-Class, but she's still not happy. Help!!"

Seriously, you've owned 5 Benzes, but now you're turning your back on them because a fuel flap doesn't sit straight? Time to replace them all with BMWs.

Last edited by DrX; 04-03-2015 at 02:15 PM.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
(Thread Starter)
Never heard of a brand new car spending 2 months in a workshop and a month on the road. Amazing! Only the all new mercedes benz S300 can do that.

Our previous car was a Landrover Discovery, so we are able to compare. The 6 year old Discovery was more silent and we cannot hear the on coming vehicle sound at high speed.

When a car spends more time in a workshop and when you have to make numerous trips to the dealer which is located an hour away, it gets annoying. We went for a Mercedes for reliablity and safety. We were just looking forward to visit the dealer like our other 6 cars that we have here now for regular servicing at every 10'000 kilometers.

Today we have taken back the car and they have sweeten the deal with some compensation. We are still hopeful that the car will serve its purpose.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: