Date registered: Feb 2015
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Considering a MB GL 350
I have owned a Toyota Land Cruiser 100 series for 14 years. In those 14 years I have racked up a lot of miles – 310Kmiles to be precise.
I am now reaching that point where my repair costs are no longer justified given the age of the vehicle…. Which leads me to the following dilemma.
Do I buy a new (meaning used as I cannot afford $80K on a new car) LC or?? I love LC’s but the low mileage and resulting high gas bills have made me reconsider. If Toyota would bring the diesel LC into the US the choice would be clear but…….
So here is what I am considering:
1. 2008-ish used LC
2. 2015 4 Runner TRD PRO (about $45,000ish)
3. 2010-ish Mercedes GL 350 - would love thoughts and advice on how this vehicle performs on and especially off road.
4. Foreign import of diesel LC (through Canada?, conversion of LC to diesel)
What’s important to me:
1. Reliability – longevity of vehicle
2. Mileage and low operating costs
3. On road handling
4. Off-road capability
5. Towing capability (ideally more than 5000lbs)
Thoughts? I would appreciate other’s experience.