post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jun 2012
Vehicle: '97 E 300 Diesel
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Looking for an MB

Hello, I am shopping for a car again and need some help. I have spine issues and the only make that works for me is a Mercedes. I have tried Volvos, Subaru, Toyota, and just recently a Honda, nice cars, but horrible for my neck/back.

I know, get ready to laugh, but what were the best years and models of Mercedes? We had 240D's when I was young, which seemed to be reliable. I had a 93 SE W140 I loved, which was plagued with problems, but the ultimate car for my needs.

I live in VA, but am willing to put some time into traveling for the right car. I drive possibly 6K a year, so a vehicle in my hands will not be worked to death. Age/mileage are not deal breakers if the vehicle is in solid working condition.

Thank you in advance for any information offered.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 10:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1059 Post(s)
I would expect S class would have best offers, but knowing E class, the W210 regular seats have been voted the best by lot of owners. That said, new regular seats on E class have worse opinions, but then orthopedic seats are more popular on them.
I think orthopedic/dynamic seats is what you should look for. We have them on W211 and that was the reason I bought the wagon, even it is not diesel. Love the dynamic support and back massage.
good luck on your search.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 05:40 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Aug 2008
Vehicle: 2000 CLK 430 Cabriolet 2003 S500 4Matic 2004 S55 2005 CLK 500 Cabriolet 2008 S 450
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I regularly drive 20 hours between Detroit and Naples and have found that only Mercedes seats allow this without agony. I'm currently driving an '05 CLK 500 cabriolet and while not as comfortable as my previous S500 seats, the cabriolet none the less gets me here in as comfortable a ride as I can expect. I suspect that any Mercedes will offer the same amount of comfort. It remains for you to buy one that appeals to you and go from there.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 12:05 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 2008 S63 (USS Vengeance) <space for a W140, R129>
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Looking for an MB

Of all the Benzes I have owned (granted the lower class models, 190E, C230, C280, SL500) my S seats are the best.

After 20 years of stomping around with a rucksack on my back I have two sets of bulging discs and osteoarthritis in my hips.

I love to drive long distances and the heated seats, massage functions in the S allow me to ride pain free and arrive less fatigued.

All worries in life flow from three poisons: Greed, malice and ignorance

Last edited by kawagirl; 12-14-2014 at 05:56 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jun 2012
Vehicle: '97 E 300 Diesel
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thank you. I have been wondering about if the S class was going to be the one. I think I had the best that was ever made in the W140 300SE. I enjoyed the seats in that car so much I wanted to take them out of the car and put them in my living room.

Those of us with issues do not look at a Mercedes and see it as a luxury item, it is a necessity. No one likes pain!
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: