post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2014
Vehicle: W222 - 2014 S550 V4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
MB is the worse!

I leased a 2014 S550 V4 in March of this year (2014). I entered my vehicle preparing to drive, started the vehicle, and immediately the power steering malfunction light came on. I immediately contacted MB Roadside Assistance to report the issue, they in turn contacted a tow company that retrieved my vehicle. My vehicle was picked up for repair via Roadside Assistance on the 28th of June. The vehicle was chained by its suspension, and taken away from my residence. It was the weekend, so the vehicle did not reach the dealership (Prestige Motors, NJ) until Monday, the 30th of June.

Upon the dealership’s inspection the reason for the power steering malfunction was discovered; rodents had eaten at the wiring in the steering rack. The rack assembly had to be replaced, which was paid for by my insurance company. I was informed weeks later that the vehicle was repaired and ready for pick-up. I went to retrieve the vehicle, and discovered several issues: vibration radiating throughout the vehicle when driving, and scratches to the paintwork. I left the vehicle with the dealership to correct the issues; I was informed several days later that the vibration issue was the result of all the vehicle’s rims being bent. However, after the rims were repaired, I went to dealership on the 11th of August to retrieve my vehicle, only to experience the same vibration while driving, and extensive cosmetic damage to the vehicle’s rims; the rims were still bent!

On the 2nd of September, I had a meeting with two reps from MB. We went for a ride in the vehicle; I felt the vibration, however, the MB rep said he felt nothing; the car is riding the way it was designed to ride. MB offer no solution for the issue. I thought they would at least offer to replace my bent rims and tires, that were bent by the techs at the dealership. When my vehicle was pick-up by the tow company on the 28th of June, it had 521 miles on the odometer. After the meeting with the MB reps I took the vehicle home; after the vehicle being at the dealership for nearly 2 months; it had almost 1000 miles on the odometer. Someone really drove my vehicle! MB is the worse!!!!!!!
nathanD.rector likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 08:37 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2012 Focus SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
A Rabbi who bought a Mercedes...boy, I don't know about that one.

Happy Sukkot!

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 01:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
From what I read, you have problem with service at your local stealership, not with MB.
Call 800 FOR MERC and file official complain. I assume you have proof of miles put by the mechanics and bend rims?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 05:16 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2013
Vehicle: 99 s320,and 83 300sd
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage
mercedes benz dealerships,are the worse for snobbish owners,and reps.There Mechanics,are selected for cheap labor.I've fixed many a problems the dealers and Benz mechanics could not figure out.Complain to Germany,drive to another dealer. I have found that stock wheels are easy to bend,I had one bent side to side,over a inch,and a half.

1999 s320. and 83 300sd quit driving,people make me nervous
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 06:31 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: toys: 92 400e,92 300CE & 93 400SEL with daily driver:12 Civic, Workhorse: 15 F150 & Porsche 944
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1057 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to oefvetw124lover Send a message via Yahoo to oefvetw124lover
A couple of points:
1.The dealership does not care about you once the purchase / transaction is made. So it sounds like that particular dealership has HORRIBLE customer service.
2. The Rodent problem is not due to Mercedes; its due to rodents.
3. Bent rims are from the dealership personnel or yourself but not from Mercedes
4. New Mercedes are not built like the older ones (W140/W201/W123/W124/W126) Mercedes used to be built like "tanks" but no more.

Finally- you are paying good money for that car, you DESERVE good customer service !

Carl

Veteran
Albany, NY, USA

92 300ce and others
"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night
because rough men stand ready
to do violence on their behalf."

Si vis pacem, para bellum
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Aug 2008
Vehicle: 2000 CLK 430 Cabriolet 2003 S500 4Matic 2004 S55 2005 CLK 500 Cabriolet 2008 S 450
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Absolutely right. Your choices are now either accept you had a bad experience with a bad dealer and move on or if you have adequate paper work consult a lawyer and sue the Bas---ds.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 12:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oefvetw124lover View Post
A couple of points:
1.The dealership does not care about you once the purchase / transaction is made. So it sounds like that particular dealership has HORRIBLE customer service.
2. The Rodent problem is not due to Mercedes; its due to rodents.
3. Bent rims are from the dealership personnel or yourself but not from Mercedes
4. New Mercedes are not built like the older ones (W140/W201/W123/W124/W126) Mercedes used to be built like "tanks" but no more.

Finally- you are paying good money for that car, you DESERVE good customer service !

Not exactly sure what you are getting at with your #4... Having owned nearly everyone of those they are solid, reliable but have their issues like other cars.

2015 Dodge Caravan (9K) NY
2012 Mercedes E350 4Matic Sport (40K) NY
2006 Mercedes CL600 (48K) NY
2005 Mercedes CLK55 AMG Coupe (28K) FL
2005 Mercedes C240 4Matic (200K) NY
2004 Mercedes CLK320 Cabriolet (45K) FL
2002 Porsche 911 C4 Coupe (69K) NY
1999 Ferrari F355 6 Speed (17K) FL
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 12:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi@874 View Post
I leased a 2014 S550 V4 in March of this year (2014). I entered my vehicle preparing to drive, started the vehicle, and immediately the power steering malfunction light came on. I immediately contacted MB Roadside Assistance to report the issue, they in turn contacted a tow company that retrieved my vehicle. My vehicle was picked up for repair via Roadside Assistance on the 28th of June. The vehicle was chained by its suspension, and taken away from my residence. It was the weekend, so the vehicle did not reach the dealership (Prestige Motors, NJ) until Monday, the 30th of June.

Upon the dealership’s inspection the reason for the power steering malfunction was discovered; rodents had eaten at the wiring in the steering rack. The rack assembly had to be replaced, which was paid for by my insurance company. I was informed weeks later that the vehicle was repaired and ready for pick-up. I went to retrieve the vehicle, and discovered several issues: vibration radiating throughout the vehicle when driving, and scratches to the paintwork. I left the vehicle with the dealership to correct the issues; I was informed several days later that the vibration issue was the result of all the vehicle’s rims being bent. However, after the rims were repaired, I went to dealership on the 11th of August to retrieve my vehicle, only to experience the same vibration while driving, and extensive cosmetic damage to the vehicle’s rims; the rims were still bent!

On the 2nd of September, I had a meeting with two reps from MB. We went for a ride in the vehicle; I felt the vibration, however, the MB rep said he felt nothing; the car is riding the way it was designed to ride. MB offer no solution for the issue. I thought they would at least offer to replace my bent rims and tires, that were bent by the techs at the dealership. When my vehicle was pick-up by the tow company on the 28th of June, it had 521 miles on the odometer. After the meeting with the MB reps I took the vehicle home; after the vehicle being at the dealership for nearly 2 months; it had almost 1000 miles on the odometer. Someone really drove my vehicle! MB is the worse!!!!!!!

This is not a MB company issue but a ignorant dealership issue. This is why I do not care to use dealers if I can help it.

2015 Dodge Caravan (9K) NY
2012 Mercedes E350 4Matic Sport (40K) NY
2006 Mercedes CL600 (48K) NY
2005 Mercedes CLK55 AMG Coupe (28K) FL
2005 Mercedes C240 4Matic (200K) NY
2004 Mercedes CLK320 Cabriolet (45K) FL
2002 Porsche 911 C4 Coupe (69K) NY
1999 Ferrari F355 6 Speed (17K) FL
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 12:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2000 Mercedes-Benz S500. Sold: 2000 C230K, Sold: 1997 Porsche 944S
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Mercedes Benz of Florida
Please for the love of all, File an Official Complaint with MB USA.
FYI-Mileage is recorded on the Car Computer, Yes you can pull a History from it.
Stop, Start etc. Not like a House Computer but it does have Data.
MB USA Can order a Dealership to do that and they transmit that Data to HQ.

Anyway, I think for an S-Class, brand New, they SHOULD be extra special towards you.

Please file Official Paperwork and don't let this one get away.

You can contact the Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center by phone, email, postal mail, chat or fax.

Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.
Customer Assistance Center
3 Mercedes Dr.
Montvale, NJ 07645
Tel: 800-367-6372

Daimler AG World Headquarters:
70546 Stuttgart, Germany
Phone: +49 711 17 0
Fax: +49 711 17 22244
e-mail: dialog@daimler.com
Dr. Dieter Zetsche
Chairman of the Board of Management of Daimler AG

Charles
New York City, NY
Richmond County

United States of America
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in