BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jul 2014
Vehicle: 2000 s430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Leaning on right tire

2000 s430 leaning

Help my 2000 s430, started leaning on the right side, sets on top of front tire. I tried to give my niece a ride home she is 400 plus pounds thought something was dragging, was I wrong. Any ideas what could cause this. I have only had car for about a month the owner told me the car has had no problems and now 3 or 4 messages has popped up that seems related to air system is coming up. Any help is appreciated, Thank You in advance Gary
Sorry, was not thinking, the messages are Airmatic, ESP, BAS all read take to shop. The SRS light stays on all the time, I think the owners manual reads that it should turn off, when cars running. I purchased the car did not really check the car out but, it looked like the outside and inside was well maintained and when I drove it, loved it that was the extent of my inspection. I just fell in love with it, I am hoping not a love at first sight.None of the messages came on till the car dropped.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 10:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1058 Post(s)
Such a discotheque of lights if often related to low voltage, so start with checking this.
I drive E and since 1995 (96 in US) they will display car voltage on the dashboard, so check your manual, or you model section for tips how to do it.
Welcome to the forum.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 02:57 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Dec 2009
Vehicle: 2007 Mercedes Benz GL450
Welcome to the wondrous world of the seductive W-220 S-class.

The Airmatic suspension seems to be both a blessing and a curse and there are both pros and cons associated with it. You are now experiencing one of the cons.

Based on your description, here is what I've learned from researching a similar challenge.

First, there are 3 fuse-boxes for this model Mercedes. Find the diagram of your fuse-boxes and their associated components in the toolkit above the spare tire in your trunk. Look closely, because the diagram is kind of hidden. If it's there, you'll find it wedged between a wrench.

You may want to check three relays first. One, the "Air Compressor/Airmatic Relay" (K40/7KO) and the "Pump Circuit Fuse" (K40/7f32) both are in the right side box in the engine compartment, in front of the passenger seat.

The third relay is on the driver side, left side fuse-box, the "Air Pump Relay" (N10/1kr). If the contacts are intact on your relays, move on to point 2. If the contacts are not intact then perhaps a replacement will solve the problem.

Second, there may be a leak in a hose where the Aiirmatic line meets the strut. Supposedly, these rubber air intake hoses are available through Autozone.

Third, the Airmatic suspension pump may be malfunctioning. Supposedly, the pump is not difficult to replace. It's located under plastic protective covers up inside the fender, behind the front bumper and the passenger side headlight.

Fourth, you may need new struts, but hopefully that's a last resort.

That's what I've got for you, thus far.

Good luck.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jul 2014
Vehicle: 2000 s430
(Thread Starter)
airmatic pump

Thanks for the help, I have checked all fuses and relays and all are good, but the pump has no power going to it. I ran power directly to pump from a battery and the pump kicked on, I guess I will purchase new relays and fuses, I don't think I need to, but will try with new. I read in one of the forums cannot remember which, that the computer will shut off the pump until codes reset. If true does anyone how to reset code. Is there some other reason I am not getting power to pump. Thank You, I did check power at battery and cranking amps were good and charging.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: