post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2014
Vehicle: 1987 300TD
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Hi. I'm a new member as of 2 days ago.

Recently became a first-time Mercedes Benz and first-time diesel owner. I have a 1987 300TD. A California car til Fall 2013 when the third owner drove it across the country (to DC) for a job and then put it up for sale.
I didn't get a bargain on it. I love the car, it was in great condition, and I paid to have it.

It's been only slightly troublesome since purchase but thankfully I found a mechanic who's done a little under the table work and helped me get the car to a somewhat stable/reliable state without paying much.

I've done some mechanic work in the past (a 1986 Honda Civic CRX cracked head repair 5-ish years ago; high school job at a gas station with some service bays). But everyone can consider me real green when it comes to this stuff. I haven't owned a car in 5 years until now.

In particular right now I am having some issues figuring out the sort of messy audio system that's presently in the car. I tried to post some threads about my situation but this website has not published them. It seems like I need to make a New Member introduction in order to start posting - so here it is. I don't know if this is in the right spot, but I hope it is because I'd like to start getting some help! If anyone has input on how to get posts up (I hope this one gets posted...sheesh) please let me know . . . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 02:03 PM

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 90 300E, 99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 931 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
The older ones are much easier than the newest ones to sort out aftermarket audio solutions.
I would post your question in our Audio forum and also use the W124 forum which your chassis is for future mechanical questions.
Audio & Telematics Forum - Mercedes-Benz Forum

W124 E,CE,D,TD Class - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in