BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Dec 2013
Vehicle: 2003 E320 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Red face E320 211 seat draining battery help

2003 E320 4 door
Short story is: there is a 2.2 amp drain on my battery when fuse 34 is in place & when the network should be asleep. If I pull fuse 34 I have 80 ma draw and no driver seat action.

I would like to avoid the dealership and I have no present ability to scan. I would like to see if I can solve this by process of elimination and logic. If not I will by a Benz scanner$$$$ but first I must try. I can diagnose and solve electrical problems, I do it for a living in the form of building HVAC controls. I have moved from a W126 to this W211 and have no previous experience with this car so please help.

I suspect that the controller to the driver's seat's motors is the drain or something is goofed with it. I have found that if I pull CAN out of the module the un-wanted draw will go away in about 4 Min

1 Can you tell me exactly how to remove this module? I am too old to get under the seat more then twice a day it takes too much Advil.

2 Is the passenger seat adjustment controller the same? PNs are different but can controllers be swapped? If so I plan to swap parts to see if it is the controller or a network issue? Will the drivers side controller react in the passenger position from the drivers hand control? I can prove the issue if this can be done. If not I will just figure out how to analyze it some other way.

3 Is there any concern about driving this car with the f34 fuse pulled? I am afraid it could supply Volt source to other points then just this seat.

4 Any other ideas could help?
Thanks in advance for any help or smart cracks given, Bruce

Last edited by brujan; 12-25-2013 at 09:14 AM. Reason: new information discovered (up date)
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-25-2013, 09:34 AM
Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 90 300E, 99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 884 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Welcome to the forums.

I would post this question in the W211 forums we have here.

W211 E-Class - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: