post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Jun 2013
Vehicle: 2003 CLK320 (A208) in Triple Black
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
First Six Months with the MBz

ALL--It's been six months since I acquired my '03 A208 CLK320 Kab. Two owner. 102K miles. Triple black.

Since acquiring it, I've put about 800 miles one it, using it mostly as a DD and for weekend cruises. Total maintenance cost=$0, with a "B" service coming up in 8300 miles. Total repair/replacement cost=$480, for Michelin front tires which I knew needed replacing when I bought it and the rest for front brake pads and sensors, which I felt were wise investments (not absolutely necessary).

During the time I've had it, I've also discovered that: the "rain-sensing" part of the wiper senses when it wants to (not a problem except during a very light rain); the driver's seat adjustments still work fine despite the fact that the motor clicks and clacks worse than a broken children's toy; there is a clock display which no longer displays anything; I no longer notice the crack in the front spoiler; and I have given up on trying to find a replacement rubber trim strip for one of the windows. Basically, the car has quirks but few, if any, real flaws.

Mechanically, the 2-3 upshift can be fairly slow when cold, but smooths out when warm. Other up- and down-shifts are uniformly smooth and effortless, regardless of temperature. A slight engine vibration at idle has gone away completely now that I have been using 93 octane gas exclusively (91 octane around here is 10% ethanol, which I want to avoid).

MPG is in the high teens, the probable result of the short ditances being driven . Steering is precise for a recirulating ball. Suspension is taut. Ride is firm but comfortable.

Overall, I'm a very happy camper and equally delighted to have found a very qualified "indy" mechanic within 5 miles of where the car is garaged. Best Wishes--Carl

'03 CLK320 (A208)--"Nyx"--Black/Black/Black (104K)
'09 Camry Hybrid--"Cassandra"--Red/Tan (60K)
'10 Tundra SR5--"Xena"--Black/Tan/Black Cap (15K)
'15 Highlander Limited--"Pandora II"--OohLaLaRouge/Tan (3K miles)
'16 VW GTI--PP & DSG--"Ostara"--Black/Black (114 Miles)
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 08:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Post Carl

Glad to hear you are enjoying her! We have had our CLK for about the same time as you. So far only replaced the serpentine belt. Fluid changes. Nothing too major. Love the sporty feel she has!

2015 Dodge Caravan (9K) NY
2012 Mercedes E350 4Matic Sport (40K) NY
2006 Mercedes CL600 (48K) NY
2005 Mercedes CLK55 AMG Coupe (28K) FL
2005 Mercedes C240 4Matic (200K) NY
2004 Mercedes CLK320 Cabriolet (45K) FL
2002 Porsche 911 C4 Coupe (69K) NY
1999 Ferrari F355 6 Speed (17K) FL
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: