post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Dec 2013
Vehicle: 2010 GL350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Warranty Help

I am hoping for some advice. 2010 GL 350 purchased new 3 years ago, always serviced at MB Canada dealer, except minor scratch in bumper repaired at body shop. Vehicle brought in for service and a number of problems, Service Advisor said that the current mileage is 1300km LESS than last service 7 months ago, my only response was you must have put the wrong mileage down. MB refused to repair under warranty as they said the "ICE" system indicated that the vehicle had 770,000 km on it. i advised them that one would have to drive 100km/hour 24 hours a day and you still would have less, the actual mileage is approx 65,000km. they asked if i had any work done outside of MB< i said i had a remote starter with keyless go installed 3 years ago that works fine. they said that must have cause problem. in any event NO Warranty!!! i have spokenb with Dealer mgmnt and Head office and am amazed at the response. I have owned many, many luxury vehicles, did not do anything wrong but am being accused of some terrible wrong doing. Any thoughts would help?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 90 300E, 99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 877 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
That is terrible service from them.

Sadly this is not the first time nor last time MB and others will use this ploy to dodge a bill.
Here in the US the Magnuson-Moss at prevents car makers from dodging warranties unless they can prove the modification directly caused the failure of an item on the car.

I know very little about Canadian car laws. Maybe a lawyer could tell MB they have to prove the modification caused the 770,000km error and that would get them to fix the GL.

For instance if the water pump failed under warranty how is an electrical modification to the starting systems of the GL related to a water pump?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 08:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2003 A160
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
How about some details? If your odometer actually reads less kms than the last service record, what are the numbers? Did you notice this discrepancy at any time?

If the ICE system indicates 770,000, did they explain why the odometer reads less than 55,000?

Your only way out is to visit an indie mechanic with a Star Diagnosis System, and see if he can fix the errors. Then hope that MB head office didn't record your VIN or name (when you complained), take it to another MB dealership, and hope they'll honor the warranty. But if the first dealer logged your problem in the VMI, I'd say you're SOL.

You may not feel you did anything wrong, but if the aftermarket remote start system voids the warranty, it's in the fine print of the terms & conditions and there's no way around it.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: