OK so here's the report! Maybe more like story telling but please bear with me.
Battery is NOT new as I thought, apparently about 7 years. It has 100 Ah and 800 CCA which make it fit into the more powerful and expensive category here in Sweden. I left it to the mechanics and told them to test the battery. He didn't seem to understand what I talked about but told me to leave the battery. However, when I came back another guy said it was trash because it didn't have enough amps. I took it home and saw it had 12.3 V which was exactly how I left it and wondered if they ever tried to charge it before they checked the amps. I then borrowed a charger. The charger had a maximum output of 9 Amps.
It started off with about 6 amps.
I checked the voltage each hour and it increased almost every time.
After about 5 hrs the amps decreased and after 7 hrs I think it was close to 0, then on 13.2 V.
If the battery would lack amps totally it should have been charging for about 20 hours right?
100Ah / 5h = 20 h
The battery has an indicator: green/black/white for fully charged/need to charge/dead, and I could see a dim green light actually.
I put it in the car and I was able to start start it with some trouble though. The engine did the cranking thing but not the "up revving" when it started. Instead when I let go of the key I noticed it was already running. The thing is that I also have problem with the OVP relay. The ABS-indicator shines and when it does the engine runs badly. It used to shine every fifth start or something but now it does on every.
One day after that the car started quite easily, but now nothing happens, as before, even after a second charge. Well actually, it refused to start just after I had played with the OVP while I had forgotten to disconnect the battery.. also it rained so it got kind of wet on some electronics. Stupid!
What does this look like to you guys?