post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-01-2013, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 2009 C220cdi sport estate with no options
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Touring: Loch Lomond and the Clyde

So last Sunday was the only decent day really here weather wise and I haven't been out for a jolly since the Northumberland tour. Sadly I was in work 9 to 5 on Sunday, but this yielded an interesting possibility, the idea of a tour that fitted around work.

Well, think about it, you can head up Loch Lomond before, back to Glasgow then over to Port Glasgow afterwards as it offers the best views of the Clyde IMHO.

The trick was to be in position before sunrise, there is a little marina just before Luss off the old A82 I fanced. Its sat about 1/2mi of the Loch Lomond golf club.

Looks nice

_DSC0258 by, on Flickr

The stillness and calmness of this all was ideal, I was back on tour, and the car got a much needed run.

Morning then broke a bit further along the Loch, I am roughly opposite Balmaha which makes another great spot for exploring...

_DSC0272 by, on Flickr

I also fancied getting a morning shot at Craigendoran before heading into the smoke. You can see why this is so. The best of the morning was gone, and I was needing to get second breakfast before 9am, so I drove off into the city fresh in my mind what I had seen this morning and had a nice run in my car

_DSC0275 (1) by, on Flickr

Work went on for a bit, but I decided in my mind sundown was to be captured on the Clyde or round at Cove/Kilcreggan, and after getting some dinner I headed down to Port Glasgow. Port Glasgow is normally where the skip is taken to get serviced by Merparts, not for a tour.

However, it has probably the best view on the Clyde.

This is the view back up the Clyde towards Glasgow, you can make out Dumbarton rock in the far distance....

_DSC0286 (1) by, on Flickr

And the view down the other way is to the Gairloch which splits off the Clyde, the mountains in the distance are towards Arrochar....

_DSC0311 by, on Flickr

The sunsets at this time of year are pretty decent, fired this off...

_DSC0324 by, on Flickr

Jumped back in the C class and wafted down the DCW and M8, think I got about 47mpg and the whole thing probably about 70 miles.

Good car, never missed a beat and can be depended on to go where I like, when I like....

Current Merc: 2009 C220cdi sport estate
Prev Merc: 2005 E320cdi sport
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: