post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jan 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question Check Engine Light

2006 C230 Sport 113K miles

2 months ago, my check engine light went on so I purchased at code reader. 2187 and 2189 popped up but said p/d meaning pending. I googled a few things online and ended up changing my cabin filter, engine air filter as well as spray and clean that air intake sensor (i hope that is what its called). After doing that everything was perfectly fine.

2 weeks ago, I took my car for its A service as well as a transmission fluid flush since I have been getting a lag lately. Everything was fine except that 2 nights ago, my check engine light went on. I took m check engine light reader and kept saying NO LINK as it is not reading any codes. I did it about 10 times and still nothing.

I took my car to the dealers the next morning and found out that they over filled my engine oil. They ended up draining it to the correct level and they were also unable to find out why the engine light went on so they erased it.

The next morning, I took my car to Sears to get the battery changed as it was recommended. While driving home my check engine light went on again. I pulled over and took my reader out and still says NO LINK. I finally made an exit and pulled over to do it again and this time it is showing 4 codes. 2187, 2189, 2187 p/d and 2189 p/d.

What should I do not? try cleaning and spray air onto the air intake valve? Do I have to change it? Its going to cost me $700+ which I already spent $1000 worth of service and soon to be $700 for front brake pads and rotors. PLEASE HELP!
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: