Date registered: Jun 2013
Vehicle: 2003 CLK320 (A208) in Triple Black
Location: Atlanta, GA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Observations of a New MBz Owner
Some things I have found out as a new MBz owner in the three months I've owned it:
1) An engine temp reading of 95 C is fine as long as it is constant.
2) Opening the ash tray compartment is easy. Closing it takes finesse.
3) Never spill any liquid anywhere on the inside of the car (I haven't and am not planning to).
4) The cup holder is another finesse item.
5) If something is not working the way you expect (particularly something controlled by a switch and/or relay), suspect operator error first.
6) You will never escape having to clean off the brake dust on your wheels.
7) MBz paint quality is the best you will ever see (my car is 040 black--so I'm biased).
8) A lot of the "little" noises you hear are automatic adjustments being made (I couldn't figure out for the longest time that the noise my cabriolet made while opening and after closing the door was the window rolling up and down slightly to avoid rubbing the top).
9) W208 CLK Cab specific--Since the trunk (boot) is really useless for carrying anything except pizzas and manhole covers, the wind deflector's real purpose is to partially hide the luggage you stow in the back seat.
10) The people who "envy" your owning an MBz are mostly those who never had enough fortitude to purchase one OR those who have had one and spoiled the experience because they didn't take care of the car. Folks who know what you're experiencing appreciate it and you.
11) A single wiper blade takes a long time to get used to (it's been raining all too much here in the ATL).
12) The more I learn, the better I like it.
Last edited by DeutscheFahrer; 08-28-2013 at 07:14 AM.