post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2013
Vehicle: Porsche 930
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
This is an odd post and request

Ive been on the Rennlist forum for years and also the Planet-9 Cayman forums (and a sponsor). I have a buddy who owns a 2013 Mercedes and he forwarded me here.

Long story short: I create reproduction window stickers for Porsches. Anyway, from time to time Ill branch out from Porsche and do other non-Porsche stickers when the mood strikes me and he wanted his 2013 GL550 done. I looked at the MB stickers for 2013 and they appear very doable, but I need a decent scan of a 2013 so I can redraw the artwork. A GL550 copy would be great, but is not necessary. I **ASSUME** MB wont provide replacement copies(?) or he'd have already traced that down.

Id PayPal someone $10 bucks American for the hassle if they have a 2013 MB window sticker they could scan me (I dont need VIN/dealer info or anything specific if you want to blot it out). These are the stickers w/the MB hood crest down toward the lower middle. Just needs to be a good high-res color scan -- even if its in two pieces. I can stitch it in Photoshop no problem.

No here to solicit which is why Im not providing my web site. I respect your vendors. I have thousands of posts over on Rennlist, 15yr PCA member, and all that jazz. No monkey biz.

If there's interest in older MB stickers, perhaps Ill become a sponsor here and add MB to my war chest. But, horse b/f cart.

You can PM me here and Ill provide more details. Thanks.

I nearly bought a 560SEC a few years ago before ending up with a 1991 325ix. Old lady wouldn't budge on price, and I was stubborn. "The Double Deuce!"

-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Anyone out there that can help me out? I'd appreciate. Im completely out of luck anywhere else. Thanks in advance.

-chris
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 06:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Don't want to make impression that forum is rude by not responding, but this is forum for DIY owners, who drive cars past the warranty, sometimes long past the warranty.
People who can afford new MB not likely will come here, so it might be long shot.
Good luck.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 07:45 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2006
Your friend can get a copy of the window sticker. Have him/her call 1-800-367-6372 (MBUSA customer service).
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Points well taken. Ill point them toward MBUSA to see if they can help. If not, Ill try the GL forum as that will have some newer owners. Id actually prefer not to have to re-create it myself since I mostly do Porsche. Its not that I cant do it, but, the time/payoff involved is not great since it would be a one-off w/little economy of scale.

-chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in