BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Nov 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New owner of an 1983 W123 300D - My dream car
My name is Pundari and I recently purchased an 1983 MB W123 300D as my getting old gift :-). The idea is to fully restore at my spare time. Right now the car starts well and drives okay. Here is a list of things I found that this car needs:
1. A/C does not blow cold air or the ACC unit not working. Previous owner installed a manual switch to turn the blower motor on, I'm thinking this is due to a blown ACC unit.
2. Engine runs fine but it seems like it has almost no pickup, I though these engines have a reasonable amount of torque. - Any suggestions on trying to get it restored? It does leak some oil here and there for sure.
3. Suspension it seems mushy, so I would imagine it needs struts all the way around. - Any suggestions around it?
4. Interior - leather is in a reasonable shape but the seat springs are worn out. I see several threads in the forum around it so it doesn't sound like a big deal.
5. Paint - faded in some areas and cracked in some areas, I'm thinking of getting an exterior paint job so it looks shiny again.
Right now I'm enjoying driving around on this beauty just on the evenings and weekends, listening to the diesel clank away.. I live in the dallas area and if anyone knows of a good mechanics in the area , I'd love to hear your experience.