My New car should be here soon! - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jul 2013
Vehicle: CLA 45 AMG (as soon as it has shipped to my area!)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
My New car should be here soon!

Hi folks,

I am new to this whole ordeal. Seriously. I have enjoyed cars for a long time but never thought I would be able to afford one being from a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. I am really satisfied that I have the opportunity to make one of my dreams come true!

I have had some washy interactions with my local dealers so I may head to ATL to see if their customer service is better. I a tiny "cute" looking chick, so I generally get put into this "box" that doesn't even remotely come close to who I am. Upon spending an hour or so with me I am generally thought of as strange for a "girl"... I primarily base all judgments on logic and reason... kind of like Bones from the hit tv show "Bones" haha.

I like babies, mathematics, law, and fast cars. I want the CLA 45 AMG... white with clean paint (no dealership decals/stickers) and currently drive a value car: Toyota corolla. Its going to be a big change but I welcome it. I can research like the best of them, so I know what all this means for oil change prices, tire balancing and all that good stuff. I have reviewed the manual that should go with the car as well as many other various methods for gathering data and statistics. I am a bit uneasy bc when something new and state of the art comes out it generally has bugs (not literal bugs- like technical bugs).

If anyone has any information they think may be worth looking at feel free to send it to me. Even if I have seen it before I will probably review it again!

Oh! pencil skirts and bucket seats tend to clash, so if anyone has any advice on how to keep the slit in the back of my skirt from ripping half way up my crack when I get out quickly I would be very grateful.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-mercedes-benz-cla-45-amg-1.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	526206  

Last edited by jdeedre; 07-09-2013 at 06:47 PM. Reason: forgot something
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Outstanding Contributor
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Welcome to Benzworld.

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 08:02 PM
BenzWorld Member
Vehicle: 1985 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3L W201 5-speed manual
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well, I'm not a girl, so I don't have any wardrobe suggestions for you unfortunately... ;-) I do think that's great that you're deciding to buy an AMG Mercedes - and not necessarily because it just looks "cute" or anything, haha! I can definitely appreciate anyone really who does some research and inquiry into the purchase of a new vehicle, especially an expensive one - men or women. There are a lot of guys out there who just jump into things as well without thinking about it, believe me! IDK what you do for work out in Macon, GA to afford a nice new Benz, but you must be doing well enough. (I know taxes are cheaper down south at least than up here in New York...) I finally got a decent job myself, but even I could only afford to get a 28 year old used Mercedes myself, lol. I mean I still love it, don't get me wrong...

Just out of curiosity, but were you planning on leasing the car or buying it with financing or do you have the cash to pay for it outright? The latter is the best way of doing it IMO, but if you can't afford to purchase it outright, I'd definitely suggest financing it if you can get a good enough interest rate. I wouldn't suggest leasing the car myself, you lose too much that way. The best option I think as well is to get last year's model or even look for a 2-3 year old lease buy-back car with low mileage. Let someone else take the big hit driving it off the lot - and in the end you can save a ton of money and still get a basically new car out of it.

Good luck with your purchasing decision and hopefully the dealer in Atlanta, GA will treat you better. (Don't count on it though, lol...) Just don't let the salespeople push you around or anything! For instance, if you want a manual or a manu-matic (or whatever they call it - basically an automatic transmission that you shift like a manual without needing a clutch...) get it! Don't let them shy you away from it into getting an auto just because you're a girl! Get the car you want, after all in the end it's YOUR money, so don't let them tell you how to spend it! Otherwise, you should be in good shape!

(P.S. - I love Bones! Sadly, I'm no Booth myself, lol! I've often wondered what it would be like to be in a relationship with someone like that... Probably not as much fun in the end as I would have first thought!)

Last edited by 85BabyBenz; 07-09-2013 at 08:04 PM.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 06:08 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jun 2013
Vehicle: 2007 E63

While not a girl, I get where you are coming from.

I bought my car remote, but I had service at Atlanta Classic Cars. It was unlike any dealership experience I've had with other makes. Mercedes of buckhead and RBM are both well respected as well.

This is a pretty competitive market, and they know it.

All the ATL dealers probably have Internet sales managers. Use autotrader to find them and get quotes. You should be able to negotiate everything before you set foot on the lot.

Good luck with it,

Sent from Free App
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 08:02 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
it is a great car. i often looked for the infor about it a few years ago. at that time i planed to buy it but at last i bought a SLK R171.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: