Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Oct 2012
Vehicle: 13 S550 4MATIC advantgarde edition, 2000 E55, 1982 500 SEC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Fine Automobiles, A ride in my friends S550

Why is my friends car so neglected? The exterior has so much dirt on it that the dirt and grime is starting to meld into the paint and corrode the car where the doors meet the rocker panels. So much so that the colour of the car is not discernible. Is my friend so oblivious. ? Hmm, he must be crazy I think to myself. No doubt the money came easy. The paint on the car is full of swirl marks and dull in spots. There are scratches . Hmm, a crazy person who leased a car. Sure I think, that must be it, the world is full of them and my friend is one of them.
Look at the wheels on his car. This says a lot about my friend. Yes, they are expensive but there is so much brake dust that the wheels cannot be distinguished from the tires. A close inspection reveals deep gouges where the wheels have been removed from the tires. Likely the garage that changed the tires deemed it appropriate to damage the wheels as they know a guy with this much brake dust on his wheels is obviously unconcerned with a few gratuitous gouges. Hmm, for sure my friend has more money than brains. If the wheels are that dirty then I suspect he does not wash his hands very often . I would never accept food from him if he offered it.
Look at the inside of his car, I have seen some interiors that make the local dump look like a pristine operating room. This interior is somewhere between disgusting and revolting. People who are this messy must have larger issues as I can't imagine the purpose of leaving half eaten fast food and old wrappers behind. I suspect this has to do with his toilet training and issues of that sort.
And those carpets, why is it that people think that automotive carpets are a depository for everything vile. Don't they vacuum their carpets. Don't they see the trappings of a hostile environment . They must be preoccupied with child custody issues .
Dust is so common . How come no body dusts their car, is it only obsessive compulsives like myself who strive for hermetically controlled environments? which are free of visible dust and other contaminants. My interior is like my living room . I want it clean and comfortable and free from vile odours. Hmm, I muse the dust is so thick in my friends car that if forced to ride with him I must take a claritan before I get in. His instrument panel has so much dust it looks like a smoggy day in Los Angeles. He blames it on his dogs. Not me, I think his dogs are cleaner than him. Funny, when I mention the dust to him he says his car was just detailed. I bite my tongue and say nothing.
As we near the end of our short ride I notice spots and foreign materials on his navigation screen. Hmm, my mind wanders and I refuse to imagine the source of the particulate. Never touch that screen I remind myself, or for that matter any thing my friend has handled. Do not shake his hand ever. My friend has to brake hard and i look in the rear view mirror to see the impending doom behind us. That's when I notice the condition of his rear view mirror. It is also full of particulate which has fused to the glass. The rear view mirror is discolored in sections. Moisture has permeated the glass. I don't ask about it. He has sneezed so many times he must aim for the glass. My ride is over and we exchange good byes. My friend says to me he will pick up me up next week . I politely say that it will not be necessary and I am happy to meet him .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in