Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

First Timer

412 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  eric242340 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi people. I am a military officer in my country (The Philippines). I am stationed in a communist insurgent stronghold province in the southeast. I have access to the beautiful city of Davao, which is a 2 hour drive through mountain twisties.

Finishing 7 years as a combat leader, I am now involved in public information and the propaganda war. I recently decided to enroll myself in a masters degree program in one of the nation's top universities in Davao City.

For this purpose I bought myself a car. It's from a local MB club member, who along with other members, became my friend not very long ago. They got me into this in the first place. It did not take long before I wanted no other car than one with a 3-pointed star.

I have no automotive experience but am quite competent with mechanical stuff (computers and guns). I am willing to be my own mechanic and I look forward to many years of happy benzing (with your help)

My car is a Midnight Blue 1989 190D 2.5 Turbo, with only 41k miles. first thing I want to do with it is to flush the cooling. It's only had tap water in it all its life since it's hot here all year. I'm looking for suggestions on what to do - on how to flush it of what it might have come up with running on only water, and what to fill it up with given my environment of 80-88 F year round temp.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to Benzworld.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.