Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

The Shipping Nightmare

961 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  415599 
#1 ·
Howdy. Gorula here from Canada.

My 190e is in need of some new shocks as well as an air filter.

PartsTrain.com has offered these items at great rates!

However, shipping to America is $9...

But to Canada it's $441.

Any ideas as to how I can get around this?

Thanks all,

Gorula.

#3 ·
partstrain is a sister site of autopartswarehouse, which has some of the worst customer service issues. Ugh. Feel lucky you didn't deal with them.

Heavier parts (like shocks!) and duty tariffs drive up the price considerably.

I've heard both good and bad about autopartsway.ca; they are a site sponsor and, since they're already north of the border, you can avoid the extra costs. You might wish to check them out. I've dealt with their US arm and have had no problems whatsoever.

Good luck.

#6 ·
partstrain is a sister site of autopartswarehouse, which has some of the worst customer service issues. Ugh. Feel lucky you didn't deal with them.
Good luck.
Thanks a bunch! I'll be sure to look elsewhere!

partstrain.com, autopartswarehouse.com, jcwhitney.com and about a dozen others are owned by the same company now. The phones are answered in New Delhi and like Check Codes said they have a terrible customer service attitude and in some cases very long ship times.

I know germanstar.net can clobber them on any mb parts. The only option from autopartsway.ca for the front are Bilsteins at $340 apiece.
Ahh that's too bad.

The two parts are numbered:

W0133-1910419
W0133-1910490
Touring B4 Bilsteins. Need them shipped to Canada.

Thanks again for your help :)

#4 ·
partstrain.com, autopartswarehouse.com, jcwhitney.com and about a dozen others are owned by the same company now. The phones are answered in New Delhi and like Check Codes said they have a terrible customer service attitude and in some cases very long ship times.

I know germanstar.net can clobber them on any mb parts. The only option from autopartsway.ca for the front are Bilsteins at $340 apiece.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.