BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: May 2013
Vehicle: 2007 S550 Benz 4Matic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question Please Help... 2007 S550 4Matic major issue

Hello Everyone Ė
This is my first time posting and Iím sorry for posting with a problem but was wondering if anyone could help.

I purchased a 2007 S550 4Matic Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes from a MB of Littleton in Littleton, CO. The car was purchased with 35,171 miles on 6/7/10. All service work was performed at Littleton and some at Denver but all MB service centers. On 5/24/12 a schedule B was done and everything was fine. On 5/7/13 another service A was completed and they sealed an oil and coolant leak along with washer fluid. They returned my car to me on 5/14 or 17th. The car has 55,430 miles now and major damage. The u joint slipped from the front deferential and caused the drive shaft to come apart. That resulted in it banging against the transmission and causing a whole to the transmission and to the oil pan.

The dealership is saying itís a weird circumstance and the local Mercedes Representative Andrew is saying that he does not want to get involved cause it is out of waranty. My car is out a warranty and I did not purchase an extended warranty. The car had a warranty when I purchased it from manufacturer of 50k miles or 4 years. The schedule B that was completed on 5/24/12 had the car at 50,168 miles. They tried to stay I ran over something but looked under the car and there was no damage. I am trying to determine who is at fault here or am I out a $120K car cause to replace the transmission and core would cost a ton of money.

I spoke to some people and they said that it is unheard of for a car with low mileage like mine to have this happen. It was properly maintained and driven on 19k miles in less than 3 years. I had another company car at the time and this car did more sitting then driving in my garage.
The fact that it has all this damage after a service A and a Service B when they cleared it for undercarriage safety and concerns with my schedule B is causing me to scratch my head. It is making me think that the CPO meant absolutely nothing if this happened and someone else should be liable. I should not be without a car. Oh and I purchased this car from the same dealership. This is my 2nd car that I purchased from them so I have been a local customer and I am practically in tears over here. Why did they not see there was something wrong with the vehicle. This is the reason I take it in for maintenance. Iím a female and we donít spend a lot of time understanding vehicles but I definitely took it in every maintenance due and if I thought there was an issue and it always had a clean bill of health. Who can I contact or what should I do.

Please help meÖ.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 06:14 PM
Outstanding Contributor
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Welcome to Benzworld, please cut and paste your post above to a new thread on the following link, you may get more answers on that forum as it is for your model;

W221 S-Class - - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
(Thread Starter)
Thank you!

Hi Eric ,

Thank you very much for guiding me in the right direction.

Best Regards,

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 08:07 AM
BenzWorld Member
Vehicle: Strait Jacket
Super helpful folks here...You've come to the right place
Post Regularly - Share What You Learn - Live Long and Prosper
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
(Thread Starter)
Talking Thank you!

Thank you Gentlemen for all your help and especially this forum. I was able to have an intelligent conversation about my vehicle after reading several post and responses from other members with their issues. The dealership has agreed to repair my vehicle and it is satisfactory. I will be getting a new transmission along with everything else that was damaged. I am very happy and relieved with the outcome. I should have my vehicle back next week. This forum and Sandor at Startech in Denver was very helpful. Also the service rep Mike we had our differences but I'm sure he is happy that he doesn't have to hear my voice again. Also Matt the service manager was very reasonable once I stated my case. I've been very happy with that dealership and this was my 2nd car purchased from them. You have no IDEA how happy I am right now and I wanted to say a big thanks to everyone!!!
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: