Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Another one of those "help me choose" threads

583 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Kajtek1 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had advice to help me choose between two Benzs I am considering buying. Level of technology, cost of maintenance,and cool factor all count. Of course, a pre-purchase inspection will be performed. Both cars look to be in very good condition for their age and mileage.

Car 1 is at a mid-sized high-end dealer. I have already inspected this one in person. It is a black/gray over gray 1993 190E 2.6 with 232k miles for $2600. It has a clean Carfax report

Car 2 is from a EBay private seller. I haven't seen this one in person yet, but I've exchanged emails with the seller without any obvious red flags. It is a Desert Silver over tan 1998 E320 Wagon with 200k miles for $3000. It isn't a 4matic as far as I know. It has a clean AutoCheck report.

I've always liked the styling of the 190E, it has less complicated technology than the E320, likely a better hp/lb ratio and doesn't scream $$$ like the wagon.

The E320 is sleeker looking, has more modern technology, and is much more roomy that the 190E. I tend to move things around a lot and the extra capacity would come in handy. However, it is also rather larger than the cars I am used to driving.

Advice and anecdotes are welcome, as well as warnings and alternate suggestions.

Mike

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.