Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

driving on dirt roads

902 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Kajtek1 
#1 ·
the county fairs and local festivals will be starting soon the public parking is on dirt roads. my concern is driving and parking on dirt roads. will driving and parking on dirt roads be harmful in any way to my car besides getting it dirty?

#3 ·
Your city streets are probably more harmful then the dirt road. You have nothing to worry about, many people live off of dirt roads and drive them daily. All benz are made to handle off pavement driving, the only thing you have to worry about is ground clearance which shouldn't be a problem at all in a public parking lot.

#4 ·
They are dirt roads and dirt roads. I bought our black car relatively cheap from a guy who moved to the house on dirt/gravel road and did not feel it right to drive Mercedes on it. The car at 170k was very clean, but has a million of rock chips on front. I touched up about 200 of them, but small ones are too small for touch ups. They don't show from a distance, but annoy me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.