Which lease has the least depreciation? - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2012
Vehicle: 2013 C250C Coupe - Polar White - AMG Rims - Lighting Kit - Premium 1 - Panoramic Roof
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Which lease has the least depreciation?

I noticed that some cars of the same MSRP (E Class, M class and SLK all "built" for $50k on mbusa.com) had wildly different lease rates for the same amount of months and miles and with the same down payment.

For my next vehicle, I am torn between those three. Which is the cheapest to lease (i.e. has best residual) all other things equal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 07:14 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jan 2013
:)

Its odd to hear that you are "torn" between the M, E, and SLK classses, because they are all completely different vehicles.

While price should be a factor, when you are shopping for a benz, the first consideration is what are you going to use the car for. Do you have kids? Do you like to go camping? how much space do you need? What kind of gas mileage are you looking for? You need to decide what you are looking for in a car, then start thinking about price, which will further refine your potential options.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2012
Vehicle: 2013 C250C Coupe - Polar White - AMG Rims - Lighting Kit - Premium 1 - Panoramic Roof
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwpalme View Post
Its odd to hear that you are "torn" between the M, E, and SLK classses, because they are all completely different vehicles.

While price should be a factor, when you are shopping for a benz, the first consideration is what are you going to use the car for. Do you have kids? Do you like to go camping? how much space do you need? What kind of gas mileage are you looking for? You need to decide what you are looking for in a car, then start thinking about price, which will further refine your potential options.
Well I got a C coupe a few months ago and it's ok... but to be honest I think I want something a little bigger.

I won't be re-leasing a C coupe, and I may not even wait until my lease is over to get a second vehicle.

I'm a single guy and I'm finishing up college so I don't work right now, and therefore don't drive much. I don't care about gas mileage, especially if I have two cars. I'm considering the E class because I have always been a fan of large elegant sedans. I'm considering the M class because I've never owned an SUV and think it would be cool, but I don't want a small SUV as I think it's cheap looking (same reason I don't want a small sedan) otherwise I would have gone with a GLK or C sedan. I'm considering the SLK because it's basically my current car with a sportier look and the ability to remove the roof.

The only reason I went with the C coupe was because it was a little cheaper than the SLK and being unemployed I didn't want a huge car payment. Now that I am about to graduate and will have a much larger income I am trying to decide on the next car I want to get once I find a job.

I really would be happy with the E, SLK, or M. I like all for various reasons, none based on utility, all based on different "coolness" factors. I decided I will pick the one with the best lease residual.

Last edited by Logic1; 01-31-2013 at 07:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in