post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Dec 2012
Vehicle: 2001 320SLK
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Talking Newb here, blush, is anyone home?

I am the newb of the day. (for now anyway)

I am the proud new (second owner) of a 2001 320 SLK black on black 6-speed manual rocket. This is the first Benz I have owned and so far I like it.

I must admit I feel like I am 16 again tinkering with idea of modifying and customizing to make her my own, but I think I will keep her all original except for the radio, maybe change the wheels (will sell the original 16s that I just put new UHP Continental tires on last week) and possible a small spoiler of sorts(ideas on spoilers welcome).

I recently let my Porsche move on to a new owner and was looking for a Jeep to run over to the beach on weekends. When I saw how ridiculous Wrangler prices were I started going back to my love of sports cars and looking at the 350z series. I saw how most were not well maintained and then stumbled in to a VW dealer of all places to look at another Z and bought the 320SLK.

Given the black on black, one owner, 6-spd, hardtop convert, and the low miles (32,000) I was certain the price would be ridiculously high. BUT!!!!!! it wasn't and now she is in the garage.

I do have a few newb questions...????

(1)How do you make both interior lights illuminate when you open the door, I replaced the bulb and no joy. It is still only illuminating the passenger side. Wiring issue or indicator of something?

(2)The texture coating on the interior plastic scratches off it you happen to have a fingernail jab in to it. Is there a fix for this? Clearcoat of some sort?

Aside from these two imperfections she looks like she just came off the showroom floor; except the normal FL minor love bug damage to the hood.

I have been offered more than I gave for her already, so I feel I did well.

(3)Aside from reading the owners manuals, any input or things to address for this year/make that I should know about?

Thanks guys,

Keep the faith & drive those cars.

To invent a fine auto enjoyed by many is admirable. To customize the same & make it your own is love.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Outstanding Contributor
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Welcome to Benzworld and the forum for questions about your car is;

R170 SLK Class - - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: