LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
importing from USA

I am new to this forum and here is my problem. I am looking to import a 2 year old c300 from US in near future. I live on border in Windsor so was looking to buy in Michigan. I recently found that MB dealers in US cannot sell a certified MB vehicle to a customer who will be exporting the car, they can face a fine of $50,000. No big, I would still be looking to buy one even if it is not MB certified. I understand all the issues with importing the MB, my only issue is that of the warranty. I have read where border residents just return to the US for warranty work, however the MB dealer I spoke to advises that once you register in Canada they will no longer be able to perform the warranty. Is there anyone out there who has returned to US, and how did you do it. Also, the way I look at it, if I buy a 2 year old MB, I would only have 2 years left on my warranty anyways. There is no way I am going to go to a Canadian dealer and pay $2000 just to have it warrantied in Canada. Any advise on those who have imported a similar aged MB would be great, and if you can return to US for warranty work.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 09:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1121 Post(s)
I might add another suggestion.
Why don't you buy reliable model after warranty period? Usually at this moment there is price drop, so you will save enough money for out of pocket potential repairs?
I have been buying used MB for years and doing my homework never got burned. The biggest problem so far was W124 with broken oil pump and leaking head gasket, but for 25 years old car that is still not bad.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 03:15 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

please i want to see a pictures of mercedec benz e class model 2005 chassis number is wdbuf65j45a630401
thank you
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 03:15 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2012 Focus SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mort5029 View Post
I am new to this forum and here is my problem. I am looking to import a 2 year old c300 from US in near future. I live on border in Windsor so was looking to buy in Michigan. I recently found that MB dealers in US cannot sell a certified MB vehicle to a customer who will be exporting the car, they can face a fine of $50,000. No big, I would still be looking to buy one even if it is not MB certified. I understand all the issues with importing the MB, my only issue is that of the warranty. I have read where border residents just return to the US for warranty work, however the MB dealer I spoke to advises that once you register in Canada they will no longer be able to perform the warranty. Is there anyone out there who has returned to US, and how did you do it. Also, the way I look at it, if I buy a 2 year old MB, I would only have 2 years left on my warranty anyways. There is no way I am going to go to a Canadian dealer and pay $2000 just to have it warrantied in Canada. Any advise on those who have imported a similar aged MB would be great, and if you can return to US for warranty work.
Thanks
Here's a thought: see if you can register the car in Michigan by using a friend's address. If Michigan is anything like Florida, it shouldn't require a Michigan license to register a car there. That way you'll just drive the car with Michigan plates and for all MB or the dealer knows it's a US car.

I don't know if Michigan plates will cause you any issues in Ontario, though.

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
no thats not an option
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 03:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2012 Focus SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mort5029 View Post
no thats not an option
Which part?

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in