post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2010
Vehicle: C230 (2007)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Service now or later?

I have a C230 (2007) four door sedan with 66,770km. Last service (service A) was August 2011 (50,612km). I store the car in a garage every year from December 1st to April 1st. Thatís four months a year itís not driven. I now have a Ďservice B in 26 daysí message on my display. Iím going to store the car soon and want to know if itís okay to store the car now and have the service done in April or should I get the service now and store the car with fresh oil. Iíd like to get the service done in April so Iíll have fresh oil next year but I don't want to drive the car in April with old oil (20 months old-will my engine seize?).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 07:16 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2010
Vehicle: 2008 E350 4Matic
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by remus_66 View Post
I have a C230 (2007) four door sedan with 66,770km. Last service (service A) was August 2011 (50,612km). I store the car in a garage every year from December 1st to April 1st. Thatís four months a year itís not driven. I now have a Ďservice B in 26 daysí message on my display. Iím going to store the car soon and want to know if itís okay to store the car now and have the service done in April or should I get the service now and store the car with fresh oil. Iíd like to get the service done in April so Iíll have fresh oil next year but I don't want to drive the car in April with old oil (20 months old-will my engine seize?).
I would change the oil & filter NOW, it's over a year old and then do the rest next spring.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 07:43 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2002
Vehicle: 92 500SEL to 01 E320T and others
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I asked the same question to my service advisor, and she told me the FSS really looks at time and mileage and it should not hurt to puit it off but not too long. the fss looks at one year and 10k miles as parameters
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 02:44 PM

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 90 300E, 99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 922 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by remus_66 View Post
I have a C230 (2007) four door sedan with 66,770km. Last service (service A) was August 2011 (50,612km). I store the car in a garage every year from December 1st to April 1st. That’s four months a year it’s not driven. I now have a ‘service B in 26 days’ message on my display. I’m going to store the car soon and want to know if it’s okay to store the car now and have the service done in April or should I get the service now and store the car with fresh oil. I’d like to get the service done in April so I’ll have fresh oil next year but I don't want to drive the car in April with old oil (20 months old-will my engine seize?).
It is always best to store a car with fresh oil. Seeing as you are less than a month early be nice to your Benz and give it some fresh oil.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 09:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
It is always best to store a car with fresh oil.l.
I hear that advise a lot over the years, but never an explanation for it.
Fresh oil has overdose of detergents and acids, so while parked, the detergents will age, while the acids will continue to eat the engine whole winter.
The truth is that oils play very small role in engine life (assuming they are proper motor oils) and this way, or the other the engine should make 300,000 miles.
That said the oils in my motorhome, forklift, tractor are on the average 5 years old. Have no intention to change them soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in