LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Nov 2012
Vehicle: 2005 CLK 500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
DFW Owner & I really want to love my Benz but...

Hoping this forum helps me understand this car a little better. It's a 2005 CLK 500 Convertible and I've owned it for 4 years. Bought it used with low miles and in what was supposed to be great condition. I purchased it along with a warranty for peace of mind.

It's a loud car. It sounds like a jet engine when idling and it's bad enough that the bank teller and the drive thru barista cannot hear me. Turning off the AC helps but doesn't solve it and I live in Texas. It's hot here. I've taken it to the dealership and they tell me that's how a Benz sounds.

It's rattles. When the weather does cool off, my convertible top rattles and squeaks. When I take it to the dealership, they tell me that's what convertibles do.

The headrests get stuck. Haven't taken it to the dealership yet because if they tell me that's what headrests do, I'll go ballistic.

The stereo delivers a deafening static sound every once in a while when I turn on the car. I've tried everything except the Hokey Pokey when it happens. I've tried turning the stereo off, turning the car off, removing the key and even opening & closing the door to make it stop to no avail. The static doesn't stop until the car is ready to make it stop. It's like Poltergeist...a really loud Poltergeist.

I tried to replace/upgrade my stereo system and found out it's all fiber optics and that I will lose steering wheel controls if I take advantage of the available "work arounds".

It's a frikkin Benz for crying outloud.

After having 2 BMW's with none of these issues, I am starting to think I'm just not a Benz girl.

Any suggestions for any fixes on any of my many issues are greatly appreciated. I promise I am not really this whiney in real life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 03:40 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
For answers to your questions please post them on the forum for your car, here is a link;

W209 CLK Class - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

Your aux fan is running on full speed, this is the aero engine sound and it should not be on full speed. Head rests on these models were modified to get rid of the sticky problem. And roof rattles can be fixed in the correct skilled hands. It would appear your dealer has no skilled hands so take a look through this link and find a good workshop to help;

Recommended Repair Shops - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

ERIC.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in