350 CLK - a "girls car" - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 02:18 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
dan190e26's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2010
Vehicle: 1989 190E 2.6
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000 C280 Sport View Post
Not enough cylinders...
lol )

well personally I would never call the CLK a girl's car, the SLK though I would, always seemed a bit smallish

1989 - 190E - 2.6L I6 Kat - Euro
dan190e26 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 02:33 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Jul 2012
Vehicle: 07 E63 + 07 CLK63 Cab
Location: Canada
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I guess your right,LOL

Could not afford the expense for the extra spark plugs,LOL
my critter is offline  
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 02:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
flyboyike's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2012 Focus SE
Location: Ormond Beach, FL
Posts: 7,704
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000 C280 Sport View Post
Ford Focus SE(Listed in your profile) has a 4 banger in it.... You poke fun at another members CLK 350 because it does not have enough cylinders. He has the V6. You have I-4. Now you would not call a Ford Focus a girl car based on the number of cylinders it has would you? It was a pretty silly comment.
The Focus is an econobox, always was and always will be (in fact, in Europe Ford even offers it with a 1.0L three-cylinder Ecoboost engine). Are you saying the CLK is an econobox and thus subject to the same standard?

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
flyboyike is offline  
 
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 02:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
2000 C280 Sport's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Location: New York & Florida.
Posts: 1,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyike View Post
The Focus is an econobox, always was and always will be (in fact, in Europe Ford even offers it with a 1.0L three-cylinder Ecoboost engine). Are you saying the CLK is an econobox and thus subject to the same standard?

You are correct there not on the same level and never will be. Your right its a encobox. So why call a members car who has more engine then yours a chick car based his car not having enough clyinders?
2000 C280 Sport is offline  
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 03:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
flyboyike's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2012 Focus SE
Location: Ormond Beach, FL
Posts: 7,704
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000 C280 Sport View Post
You are correct there not on the same level and never will be. Your right its a encobox. So why call a members car who has more engine then yours a chick car based his car not having enough clyinders?
Because it doesn't. A six-banger convertible is a girl's car, an eight-banger (like, for example the CLK63 from your beloved AMG) is more masculine.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with what I do or don't drive.

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
flyboyike is offline  
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 03:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
2000 C280 Sport's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Location: New York & Florida.
Posts: 1,642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyike View Post
Because it doesn't. A six-banger convertible is a girl's car, an eight-banger (like, for example the CLK63 from your beloved AMG) is more masculine.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with what I do or don't drive.
What next? The size of your anatomy determins how masculine one is? I would rather own a CLK63 over a CLK350 but the car has nothing to do with how masculine the owner is and it does not mean one is more of a man car then another. That would like me saying trade in your SE Focus for the SVT Focus... Its more masculine. I did not know that a CLK convertable was for girls only. I should check the manual on that one.
2000 C280 Sport is offline  
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 03:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
flyboyike's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2012 Focus SE
Location: Ormond Beach, FL
Posts: 7,704
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000 C280 Sport View Post
What next? The size of your anatomy determins how masculine one is? I would rather own a CLK63 over a CLK350 but the car has nothing to do with how masculine the owner is and it does not mean one is more of a man car then another. That would like me saying trade in your SE Focus for the SVT Focus... Its more masculine. I did not know that a CLK convertable was for girls only. I should check the manual on that one.
Nobody said "only".

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
flyboyike is offline  
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 04:21 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Sep 2012
Vehicle: 2013 C 350 Coupe
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My previous car was a C6 Corvette. I was told on many occasions that it was a "chicks" car because it had an automatic transmission! At the end of the day does it really matter as long as you are happy? I think not.
Kyblutwo is offline  
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 06:24 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
dan190e26's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2010
Vehicle: 1989 190E 2.6
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyblutwo View Post
My previous car was a C6 Corvette. I was told on many occasions that it was a "chicks" car because it had an automatic transmission! At the end of the day does it really matter as long as you are happy? I think not.
click like button )

1989 - 190E - 2.6L I6 Kat - Euro
dan190e26 is offline  
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 09:01 AM
BenzWorld Extremist
 
galaxys's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 2011 SLK300 Plutonium Silver (2002 SLK230 Sold)
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 998
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lol, these cars don't have genders!

galaxys is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome