Date registered: Oct 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
S203 trunk spings + parking brake + windows + rust + alarm
I live in Belgium and have an S203 from 2003. I am completely new to cars, but I would like to fix some things myself. I have 5 small issues with my car which I couldn't find an answer to by searching the forums:
1) I really have to push the trunk open entirely. I found online that I could adjust the springs of the trunk lid by removing the side lining of the trunk. However, I don't know how to remove the trunk side lining of an S203?
2) The parking brake doesn't release entirely anymore. I don't know if it is the mechanism that needs repair or if it is the sensor. How can I reach the parking break mechanism in my car and solve this issue?
3) I have 4 electronic side windows. They open automatically when I push the button. However, I have to keep pushing the button to close them again. Is this normal?
4) I have a small rust spot on the rear of my car (a 5 inch scratch). Can I overpaint this small spot with some regular silver metal paint from my DIY-shop? Ofcourse after dissolving the rust. Or will the difference be too noticable? Does this paint need to be shiny of matte?
5) When I unlock the doors with my remote key or leave them unlocked and then wait for 3 minutes, the alarm sounds when actually opening a door. This happens a lot and is pretty anoying. Is it normal? Is there any way to prevent this without completely disabling the alarm of the car?
Any answer on 1 of the problems is greatly appreciated! Thank you very much in advance!