post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New to the forum

Hi all

This forum has been excellent in researching the C63 we are looking for. It sounds like they are pretty strong and can function as a daily driver without too much fanfare.

We drive SRT8's daily, so the fuel mileage won't be a surprise. For the price, the SRT8 cars do move out really well. The C63 is more like evolution for us.

I am curious about other issues with the W204 platform and will do so in another post.

I look forward to posting more once we get the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 04:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Welcome to Benzworld! Glad to hear someone has a Jeep SRT8 that works well. My neighbor has had 2 of them and I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I seen it leave his house on a tow truck! Yikes! Rusting issues were also a major issue for him on them as well. Hope your C63 will be rock solid like your your other cars. A C63 is pretty solid and there is not much on it being a C class. No air suspension or ABC issues. Find a CPO car on MBUSA.com
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2012
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000 C280 Sport View Post
Welcome to Benzworld! Glad to hear someone has a Jeep SRT8 that works well. My neighbor has had 2 of them and I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I seen it leave his house on a tow truck! Yikes! Rusting issues were also a major issue for him on them as well. Hope your C63 will be rock solid like your your other cars. A C63 is pretty solid and there is not much on it being a C class. No air suspension or ABC issues. Find a CPO car on MBUSA.com
Thanks for the reply. Vehicle we're looking at is CPO, so that should be a good thing.

As you can see, we're Mopar folks. The Jeep (and the 300C) have been bulletproof. It's like anything else, you have to maintain them. We've got over 75K on both of them. There is a surprising amount of Daimler technology in those cars. A lot of the CANBUS architecture is similar. The 300 pretty much has a E class steering column and suspension geometry.

I believe that starting with a C is going to be a good way to go. You are right, not a lot to go wrong on a C, but I want to make sure we're doing the right thing.

I hope it all comes together. The LX Forum and Grand Cherokee forum have been very helpful. I promise to contribute here!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 05:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dflamer View Post
Thanks for the reply. Vehicle we're looking at is CPO, so that should be a good thing.

As you can see, we're Mopar folks. The Jeep (and the 300C) have been bulletproof. It's like anything else, you have to maintain them. We've got over 75K on both of them. There is a surprising amount of Daimler technology in those cars. A lot of the CANBUS architecture is similar. The 300 pretty much has a E class steering column and suspension geometry.

I believe that starting with a C is going to be a good way to go. You are right, not a lot to go wrong on a C, but I want to make sure we're doing the right thing.

I hope it all comes together. The LX Forum and Grand Cherokee forum have been very helpful. I promise to contribute here!
Correct! Tons of Daimler put into them due to Mercedes buying Chrysler. The 300 uses suspension, transmission, steering column are from a W210 E class. The C63 is a raw power kind of car. You coming from Mopar know what means then. The C63 is the German modern muscle car. 451bhp on tap. CPO you may pay more but it is piece of mind. It's like are you going to buy health insurance? May never need it but just incase.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 03:17 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Welcome to Benzworld

ERIC.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 02:52 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2012
welcome dflamer.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 10:13 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2012
Vehicle: 1988 300E, 1999 S320
Welcome and good luck with the C63.

"Go ahead, make my day"

1988 300E 138k
Color: 877 - petrol blue green metallic, Interior: 275 - mushroom leather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in