Hi folks, have searched the forum but can't find the answer to my question. Does anyone know how to adjust the footbrake on a 2.1 Mercedes Viano 2007? Thank you folks, love the forum by the way. (Much better than my merc footbrake, poxy thing)
Ok, have had a look at the hub and did the following:
1. Removed rear wheels (mine are alloys and was easier to remove)
2. Unscrewed single splined screw from the hub face.
3. Turned hub until I located a small metal "cog"
4. Handbrake off.
5. Turned cog using long narrow flat head screwdriver until would turn no more and disc was locked on.
6. Turned cog opposite way about 6 clicks.
7. Hub could now freely turn.
8. Same procedure carried out for both sides. Wheels refitted and torqued to 150 NM as per manual.
9. Footbrake is "tight" on the 6th - 7th click of the pedal and wheels are tightly locked.
I will re - MOT her in a couple of days and see if she passes this time on her handbrake test. It seems most Mercedes with foot brakes are designed the same way and the above procedure could be used.
Please correct me if I have made a mistake folks, as I am not a mechanic and am sure many of you have much more skills and knowledge than I.