first of all, I life in the Netherlands, North of Amsterdam and MB garages here have a really bad reputation - just in case you are thinking about it...
So, I really appreciate the great posts, information and exchange of help on here!!!
I bought my first Benz out of family (I know, should have known better..) '05 320E-CDI-V6, 130tKm and since had a long series of bad MB garage experiences as well as all sort of other problems in about 1 1/2 years and 90tKm use. Just a short list of the biggest ones:
- Clear coat paint from plastic parts peeling all over (no paint repair ever - now off for repaint)
- Automatic gear changes shudder in low gears and when cold; MB garage replaced oil = same, they tried to change the programming = went totally wrong, now I reset to default at every service = it is bearable for a while. (gearbox tries to learn driving style and goes all funky)
- Turbo suction side leaking twice
- Webasto stationary heater failed (still trying to fix) / Fixed thanks to forum tips!
- Various CO2/Exhaust sensors replacements
- Glow plugs failed, non MB garage broke one = now stuck in head (still trying to fix)
- GPS aerial failed (still trying to fix)
or why are they supposed to be such great cars..? I know its a nice ride - that's why I bought it but I did not expect to be spending thousands on repairs and upkeep.
Hope I get some of these sorted and have a few months ahead with less hassle.