Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

99 230 slk roof

485 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  eric242340 
#1 ·
I am an old mechanic new to the benz world. I bought a 230 slk Knowing it had top issues. The seller said the broken rear window regulator was keeping the top from functioning. I replaced the bad regulator and found no switches in the window only the basic two wire motor. I found some allen wrenches in the trunk and a taped up luggage cover switch along with some parts that are silver and round and 90 degree like linkage retainers. The pump pushes the top closed and opens and closes the front locks. the windows work properly but the trunk doesnt open and raise and the roof doesnt raise. I have lubed it and raised it manually but had to release the roof rail latches manually. It did raise back up with minor assist like the pump was weak but it locks down and pressures up and turns out the light. I don't know how to troubleshoot it as it is a sequence and pump pressure is in question. It looks like someone has had the fill plug out of the pump several times as it is about stripped out. Oil level stays ok but the viscosity of the fluid looks very thin. Help help any body please knowlege needed:surrender:

#2 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.