post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Lightbulb Help with CL550

Hello all!!!!

Im new to this forum and to Mercedes Benz vehicles. I traded a 2010 Dodge Charger RT supercharged and modified in and out, and purchased an 09 CL550 V8 5.5ltr last week. 22600 miles. I drove the vehicle for 100 miles and parked it in my garage where it will be for the next five months until I return from beatiful Afghanistan. During this time I plan to buy some items to personalize the vehicle and Im asking for your help on the following topics:

1. The car comes with the Comand system (NAV, Bluetooth, CD changer, DVD, etc...) May I install an aftermarket radio with the same features? If so, what do you recommend?

2. Is there a turbocharger, supercharger, performance kit or chip desing for this vehicle?

3. What exhaust system do you recommend?

4. Do i need to modify the suspension in order to install 20" wheels?

By the way, I used the search feature, but did not find helpful results.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Scroll down on the Benzworld main page until you see the native forum for your car. Then ask your question where the actual owners are much more likely to see it. Hint: You own a W216.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 10:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2009
Send a message via AIM to Benznoob26
putting aftermarket radios in newer german cars is a pain in the ... not to mention the stock units are so nice you'd want to put in something equivalent. which would easily run north of $1k just for the headunit.

I'm not familiar with the cls models but for Mercedes the general rule of thumb if you want more power... is to sell and buy an AMG. There's an extremely limited amount of performance parts; and an even smaller group of mechanics who know what they're doing. Your cost/hp ratio will be insane, and you're not likely too see significant gains. It's possible, but unlikely to be forced induction kits, if there are "bolt on" FI kits that's the route to go. Either way you REALLY have to search and find a specialized and qualified MB mechanic, the dealership mechanics will likely be clueless.

There's likely to be a couple extremely expensive exhaust kits, you'll have to do the research. Having your resonators removed will make the exhaust more lively and aggressive, also likely to be a couple different mufflers that will improve the sound. don't expect and horsepower gains, even from a $7k remus exhaust.

there is a wide selection of rims, 5x112 fits all MB's, vw's and audi's. once again you'll have to do the research and figure out what sizes/offsets fit your cls. having your roof painted black, or buying amg bumpers/rockers for your car is a great way to change it up. just make sure they're QUALITY, 99% of all aftermarket bumpers fit horribly and are junk.

tried to keep it as short as possible. I'm clearly not familiar with the cls models but that's a good "rule of thumb" for all Mercedes. If you're absolutely set on changing your car up be prepared to get out your wallet. Mercedes are built extremely well, and don't use cheap parts. Treat your benz well and it'll return the favor congrats on your new car and welcome to Benzworld also before checkcodes beats me to it, please fill out your profile
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2012
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for your help. I will continue the research, but looks like I will do minimum changes. That is good news to my pocket :-) Well, I just need to get back start enjoying it.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in