Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

New member saying hello

407 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  eric242340 
#1 ·
Well, I wrote loads earlier and have returned, finding it timed out :-(

So, in February this year I found a van, a merc Vito 108D on a '98 plate. It is high on the miles but it was at the right money.
I wanted a van to load bikes in and go camping etc

Started out not worried about the inside, put some deck chairs in and away I went. Soon caught the bug and loved the practical van life. So much so I have been looking at a conversion to a week end camping van. That said I can't manage the funds to properly convert so have started off myself and added a ply rack shelving unit, lights and a heater running off a leisure battery that will run my daughters iPod and the iPad. Painted the inside and fitted my camping kitchen and will use an air bed if family go or a sprung guest folding bed if just me and the bike. I think I'm getting carried away and eBay is taking a hammering.....

Anyway, I decided to join after reading lots of hints and tips off this site. The latest solution was a hissing sound from behind the steering wheel. It did in fact turn out to be a tube dislodged off the front headlight. Excellent, saved a trip to the garage. That said, it's in tomorrow for some work as failed the mot.

I was quoted £160 for a full service, is that about right?
Also, should I do it sooner as unsure of vans service history.
Also, should I be looking at anything else? Cam belt or ? It's got 160k miles.

Right, enough for now. Cheers all and speak soon.
Thanks for the tips thus far.
Sean

See less See more
#2 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.