LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jun 2012
Vehicle: SLK 230 2003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Smile Let me introduce myself and my SLK 230!

Hi everybody! It's so good I'm over here! Let me introduce myself.

I go by "Jayson". Currently I'm a student majoring in CIS (Computer Information Systems) in University of Houston, Texas.

I own a small "sweetheart". Yeah, that's what I call her - my 2003 SLK 230 (Black color). Got her 3 years ago off the dealership when she was 85,000 miles old. Now she's a little over 115,000. I'm the 2nd owner and I do cherish and love it! (Previous owner also must have liked her!) My wife also fell in love with that beauty! Never had any serious issues with it. She's a little capricious but hey, she's over 100k now :-)
I do hand polish and wax it every 3 months. Grease all the rubbers. In this Texas heat they do dry out fast...+ black color, you should understand me, people =)

The issues I was able to fix using this forum are:
1. (ESP light kept coming on) had to replace a stop lamp switch behind the brake pedal.
2. Replaced the stock radio with Sony one (CD changer started stammering on road bumps)
3. Changed all the brake pads. (Really easy job. 40 mins)
4. Soldered my power seat adjustment relay yesterday. Had 5 cracked connections =( I guess because of heat and vibrations. Works fine for now. Hope it will continue to serve. ($2 solder vs. $45 relay =))
5. Replaced the dashboard lights. ($6.79 a pair + 1 hour of work vs. $150 at an authorized service center) Expensive, right?
6. Regular maintenance, like oil change, coolant flush, etc.
7. Cleaned the car battery from oxidation. (Baking soda + some vinegar and a toothbrush - astonishing effect! + applied grease to protect from future oxidation).

What I'm planning to do:
1. Install Black Projector Halo lights in front. Not sure about HID kits. There are so many of them... Any advice on brand? (Besides Philip ones... these are freaking expensive for me now...)
2. Install LED Tail Lights. I would like to put Fully smoked ones like in this thread:

or here's a direct link to the image:

If anyone knows where to get them, please let me know! Was digging the whole Internet for like a week, no one has them =( Contacted Cargym but they don't have it.

Was able to find these ones:
Mercedes-Benz SLK R170 1998-2004 Red & Clear LED Taillight CarGym.com

3. Yes, Train horns!!! Love that sound =)) Just can't stand the stock SLK horn. Even I barely hear it on a highway...

4. Driver sun visor... Need to get a new one. One day it just clicked and hanged in the air like a pendulum... Thought I could fix it but you can't disassemble it.

5. Oh yes, have some issues with the air circulation. Even when the vent is in "0" (fully closed) position I still get cold air in my car as I drive...Anyone had this before? Didn't find a thread :'(

My 1st car was VW Golf III 1992. Manual shift, power Nothing! But hell I was soooo happy!

Always been a fan of Mercedes-Benz. My dad used to have 1984 E200. Damn, that thing was built for years to serve! He said - the body might fell apart but the engine and the cast-iron drive train parts will still roll!

I think that's it for now!

Thank you dear members of BenzWorld for sharing your knowledge. Hope I will be of use too! I'll document my work and post it here as soon as I finish it!

P.S. if I could install a custom firmware on an ECU I would definitely experiment with it =D
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: