New Member - Ford Boy Meets German Temptress, Falls in Love - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: May 2012
Vehicle: 2003 E500 Sport; 2003 ML350 Inspiration; 2005 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New Member - Ford Boy Meets German Temptress, Falls in Love

Well after a 6 month car search, many test drives and much frustration (including 2 offers that fell through on PPI's), I picked up a Tectite Gray 2003 E500 Sport about a month ago - 55K, about middle of the road on options, and full dealer service history. Apparently (), the car came from a family who had 3 other cars and this one was sold back to the dealer because it was driven so infrequently. Yes she has a groan or two now and then, and the tires thump (sat for a year before I got her), but the car is so nice to be in and the driving experience is outstanding. I've raved about the car so much, my wife and kids ridicule me (wait til the boys want to learn to drive ). About the only bad thing I've encountered with my MB ownership is that a Tectite Gray E55 lives in my neighborhood (makes me jealous and filled with lust - jealusty?).

Thanks to all of this site's regular posters who document the cars, help solve problems, and offer guidance that makes it easier and less scary for us newbies to jump into a Benz. I know MB ownership is not for the faint of heart, and it's certainly not for the light of wallet. BUT like every car, the trick is to save money by getting your hands dirty on the "easy-to-medium difficulty" repairs and leave the complex and miserable work to the pros.

Anyway, if I did not make a dumb newbie mistake, there should be a couple of pics attached...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Medium 3 quarter view of car.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	451562   Click image for larger version

Name:	Med View from Above.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	451563  

The Current Fleet:
2003 E500 Sport - The German Princess; my first MB and new school run car
2005 Lincoln Navigator - Nearly 3 tons of flying red terror (my darling wife's car)
2003 ML350 Inspiration - The Happy Puppy and family runabout; bought it as the 'kids' car (big, safe, and slow)

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Outstanding Contributor
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Welcome to Benzworld

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: