BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: May 2010
Vehicle: 2000 ML320
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 2000 ML320. I've owned it for seven years, still runs like new, BUT, over the past few years, the electronics have been a pain.
1) My driver's side door no longer locks, and every time I'm in DRIVE and hit the gas from an extended brake (traffic light), the locks lock-and-unlock-and-lock (making a buzzing noise) -- so that's annoying.
2) My driver's side power seat controls went out a few months ago. And as for my passenger side seat:
- The tilt function rarely operates as a tilt function, sometimes it operates as the forward back function, sometimes it just doesn't work at all (used to work just fine until about three years ago).
- A sensor is wonky, so whenever someone sits in the seat, the SRS and AIRBAG OFF dashboard-warnings light up (and usually stay lit from weeks to months).
3) My radio is out cold. It lights up at night, but the buttons have no function (won't turn on anymore). The first time this happened was about two years ago, it was simply fixed by taking the fuse out and putting it back in, BUT now that seems to do nothing. I've been without a radio for three weeks (it makes rush hour torture!). When it went out, I was on a road trip in the desert last month, listening to a CD from the 6-disc changer, and the screen slowly went pitch black (music continued to play, and system made a constant clicking noise (like the tape deck or GPS under the display was trying to eject a tape/disc)).
4) My power windows lost their 'up' function two years ago, BUT I just bought and installed a new center control panel myself and they're just fine now.
Are there any other early 2000 ML320 owners out there feeling my pain? Are there any quick DIY fixes to any of the issues above that you guys know about? I just want my ML back to normal, she still runs great, but the little electronic issues are killing me.